1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

A comparison video: The M14 to grip or not to grip?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer & Zombies Disc' started by maceron, Jan 11, 2011.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. maceron

maceron Recruit

A little video made incase there are people wondering how well the grip reduces the recoil of the M14.
    I might compare other weapons in the future :)

2. kahn

kahn Major

great vid! I can tell you put some effort into making it!

I will look forward to future installments!

3. Mr Aozame

Mr Aozame Major General

Love this. Two questions. Were you using a modded or standard controller during this test? And Can you tell us a bit more about yourself and your experience with CoD? More specifically, I'm wondering what led you to the decision to make an M-14 vid (fantastic choice I might add).

4. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

Pretty cool vid, nice to see an actual benchmark. Just unlocked the AK74U (I think that's it) SMG @lvl 18 last night, I'm partial to plain old iron sights so I added a grip, not sure it helped me much because my aim still sucks :rolleyes:

5. maceron

maceron Recruit

Nah I didnt have a modded controller, just a plain old keyboard and mouse.

The reason why I made this video was because someone who saw my previous video (M14 vs FAL comparison) wanted to know how effective the grip was when using the M14.

I was pretty curious myself about how much the grip worked, so I made this video as a reference for people :)

6. 0mn!scient

0mn!scient Recruit

M14 ACOG!!!

ACOG is the way to go! It's a CQ Sniper rifle! Until you unlock the FAL, this gun is useful. FAL is a better version of this gun.

7. ezdaar

ezdaar Recruit

ACOG and grip make the M14 and FAL deadly at any range.

8. maceron

maceron Recruit

Yeh a grip and an acog would be lethal on an M14.

The FAL is pretty good close quarters though cos the recoil isn't too hard to handle.

9. joal0503

joal0503 10th Prestige

If you need to put a GRIP on a semi auto weapon...you need to work on aiming. Seriously. FAL is te way to go for Semi autos. All you need is a RDS/Reflex.

10. kahn

kahn Major

what were the results of the FAL/M14?
    if you have a video of that, please post!

11. maceron

maceron Recruit

Sure, heres the video :)

12. jimmylegend

jimmylegend Major

the vids are a little drawn out.
    They're excellent and I know you put work into them, but it doesn't take 15sec to read a line.

you should've done them like your m14/FAL with commentary.

13. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

Another excellent vid, was never crazy about the FAL, I'll have to try it, hopefully soon, only lvl 21 right now, sure the FAL is on up there in levels. :rolleyes:

14. maceron

maceron Recruit

This is good to know thanks, I'll make future vids less drawn out lol :)

15. josh11223355

josh11223355 Major

well the idea im thinking with he m14 is to aim at there legs.

but fal is pure ownage.

16. Mr Aozame

Mr Aozame Major General

It's difficult to self-edit in efficiency. But the data here is well appreciated. I foresee many more viewings of future installments. I myself enjoy the presentation in its simplicity and straightforward layout. Thank you.

17. sphinctahcowboy

sphinctahcowboy 1st Lieutenant

18. PsychoFretboard

PsychoFretboard Licks Like Hendrix

Awesome job on the videos!