1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

PC Review Battlefield Open beta is now live

Discussion in 'Battlefield 1 Forum' started by boourns, Aug 31, 2016.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. boourns

boourns Excellent!

the beta is live and ends on September 8th (i think)

7.1GB (at least it was on PC)

game runs pretty smoothly for a beta i haven't run into many issues or bugs

the game looks and sounds amazing

gameplay seems pretty good although the map isn't the best and i personally found it more fun on rush

few things that i think they will need to balance.. tanks are powerful and there isnt many counters to them as infantry not like in BF4 with the million and one rocket laucnhers mines/c4 and what not

snipers might need a nerf but they are pretty easy to avoid

only played a few rounds but i'm liking it

2. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

:Stream
    Definitely looking to try this out but camping this weekend....

FYI- created a new thread prefix for these instances.

3. slowdive1967

slowdive1967 4th Prestige

EA servers are fucking shit. Cant get on to play, been trying all afternoon :(

4. boourns

boourns Excellent!

Apprantly it was a ddos attack by some dipshit "hackers"

Poodlecorp or something honestly i just want to punch cunts like that in the face

5. slowdive1967

really ? Fucking cunts should be locked up for life :mad:

6. slowdive1967

Finally got on to play. The graphics are amazing but i find the gunplay really shit. Its basically Star Wars Battlefront with a WW1 skin on it.

Usual thing these days. Games are hyped to fuck and look promising but they rarely deliver. Wont be buying this.

7. crazy-bad

crazy-bad Lieutenant General

They're just helping stress test the servers.

8. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

I started the download last night before I went to bed to give a try when I get home today after work....sounds like I shouldn't even bother booting it up when I get home.

9. boourns

boourns Excellent!

i don't know why people are saying this feels like battlefront it plays like every other BF game

it just looks like battlefront and i have to admit the map is shit they really should have chosen a better one

10. Mojo

Mojo 8th Prestige

If this is anywhere remotely near Battlefront then I'm skipping it.

11. Scouse

Scouse Activison Ambassador

to me it looks, plays and feels like Battlefront, it doesn't play or feel like a battlefield game to me.

I've cancelled my pre-order its awful. Hopping for some thing else and got a turd.

Also doesn't help that they have picked the worst map out of the 10 to do the beta on.

Just wish they'd bring back bad company.

12. Ik0n

Ik0n @trueXtalent

The beta was awful...

Maps are gigantic, snipers perched everywhere, vehicles dominate... the guns feel terrible and clunky. The only good thing about the beta was it definitely had amazing graphics and the horse gameplay was fun. I had so much more fun on the TF2 tech test, easy choice for me.

• I concur I concur x 1