1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Best CTF class for flag runner?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer & Zombies Disc' started by frigoc1, Dec 11, 2010.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. frigoc1

frigoc1 Sergeant

Well, I just hit level 50 and I've been killing in TDM. I'm a player who HEAVILY relies on k/d ratio, and I have a 4:1 k/d with the Commando. Needless to say, it's too easy, and I want a challenge. So I've decided to try out CTF. Usually this is what I run with on TDM:

Commando w/suppressor
    CZ75 w/full automatic upgrade
    Semtax
    Concussion
    Claymore
    Ghost Pro
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    Second Chance Pro

What should I change? I tried out this, and it hasn't worked out well so far:

Kaparis w/grenade launcher
    CZ75 w/full auto
    Semtax
    Concussion
    Tactical Insertion
    Lightweight
    Warlord Pro
    Marathon

2. TravisClark

TravisClark Recruit

Frankly, I think you can't go wrong with this setup:

AK74U w/silencer
    Python w/speed reloader or CZ75 w/full auto
    Semtex
    Concussion
    Claymore
    Ghost Pro
    Sleight Of Hand Pro
    Hacker Pro

The weapons speak for themselves. Suppressor on the 74U so you don't show up on radar.
    Ghost Pro so you're undetectable (except SR71 of course) and guys love putting Sentry guns near their flag, so you'd be unaffected by that.
    Sleight of Hand in case things get hairy on your way back to your position
    And Hacker to prevent getting killed by claymore or C4, something guys usually always put around their flag too. Hope this works for you. I don't do a lot of CTF, but I'm always highest with captures when I do. Good Luck.

3. Reign 6

Reign 6 Lieutenant General

anything with suppressor, ghost and marathon

4. Chobozor

Chobozor Sergeant

If you are working on a good KDR then CTF isnt the way to go buddy. In a game against 6 you'll be fortunate if you find 0 people camping the flag. In most games, I always find 2-3 people just sitting there camping in the vicinity of the flag.

I usually go in with

Commando/Galil/Famas w/Suppres
    CZ75 or M1911
    Semtex
    Concussion
    Claymore
    Ghost Pro
    SoH Pro
    Marathon Pro

I just hit my 2nd prestige so I will have to do the CTF all over again for my Marathon Pro (something I'm not looking forward to <.<p)

5. CseRoQ

CseRoQ Sergeant

AUG - Extended mags
    Secondary doesn't matter

Semtex
    Willy Pete (important!)
    Tactical insertion (important)

Flak Jacket
    Sleight of Hand
    Marathon

Throw the Willy Pete behind you if you're running through an open area or throw it at the flag.

6. TravisClark

TravisClark Recruit

Never thought of the Willy Pete tactic! Thanks for that one, I'll use it tonight!

7. grrinc

grrinc Guest

Yup - I use Willy Pete all the time to throw at flag. Sometimes I'll go for it in the smoke, other times I'll sit back and watch who panics and comes out of cover when they see smoke.

Also, Ghost Pro. If you dont have it, when you you're holding the flag with enemy radar up, you have a a big red kill sign above your head. Also a pain the ass when you're hiding with the flag too.

Carry a smg if you want to run a bit faster.

Deffo with Marathon Pro too.

8. xEnD

xEnD 1st Lieutenant

Kiparis - Rapid Fire/Grip
    M1911

Lightweight Pro
    Warlord Pro
    Marathon Pro

Frag
    Concussion

That's what I use, and I usually dominate. If you stick to short routes and flank while running the flag, and keep the engagements 1 v 1, its a sure thing.

9. MrWeston

MrWeston Colonel

I understand everyone is voicing their own preferences, but surely fact would indicate GhostPro, Marathon Pro and TacInsert as nessecary for creating the actual best class?
    Weapons, and perk 2 obviously being subject to preference.

10. grrinc

grrinc Guest

Tacinsert can be hit and miss with me. Large maps it's ok but on small maps they are often found and destroyed. Got fed up with claymores trapping my tacinserts after a while too.

But GhostPro and MrathonPro for flag runners - yes.

11. AdrianLl91

AdrianLl91 2nd Lieutenant

If you are looking for a challenge go to headquarters, spawns are much more difficult to predict and you really need some teamwork if you want to win and go positive. As far as a class for CTF you should always use Marathon PRO with lightweight. It really helps out when you have a flag and need to cover a long distance fast or make a sharp corner to avoid bullets. Steam aim PRO is also useful since it gives you faster aiming after running. You will be running for most of the game if you are going for flags so I suggest you use it. If you arent going for objectives and just want kills then just use a ghost/silencer/ninja/camper class lol. Can't go wrong with that.

12. Soundwave

Soundwave Han shot first!

That's quite a good setup, i might have to try that out thank you

13. RAMBORAZZER1

RAMBORAZZER1 Recruit

Flag runner class

Ak74u-Silencer
    Crossbow ( for fun )
    Semtex
    willy pete
    Ghost PRO
    soh PRO
    marathon PRO

killstreaks:
    spy plane
    napalm/care package
    blackbird

Hope it helps:)

14. Voodoo

Voodoo Commander

kiparis with nade launcher.....

15. Justino518

Justino518 Recruit

I havent been running for too long in CTF but here is a great setup that usually works:
    Mac-11 (Extended Mags)
    CZ7 (Fully Auotmatic)

Semtex
    Willy Pete
    Claymore

Ghost Pro
    SoH Pro
    Marathon Pro

The Mac-11 is actually so powerful when you are accurate. If you just flank around the outside of the map to get the flag you shouldn't encounter too many people but when you do it will be up close and this gun will dominate. Just throw the Willy Pete right on the flag and then gun for it and get out. With Marathon on, the Willy Pete should give you enough time to get in and out really quick.

16. xTingz

xTingz General

I usually use something like..

74u w/ Silencer or MPL w/ Silencer
    Lightweight Pro
    SoH Pro
    Marathon (Not sure if you play CTF regularly or what, assuming your playing for marathon pro. If not ignore this and slap Pro before the brackets)

17. sspun13

sspun13 Major General

Yea don't use lightweight. Unless you want to have 2 CTF classes. One with lightweight for the very beginning of the 1st round, then one with Ghost Pro for the rest of the game once all the spyplanes and choppers start coming in.

Nothing messes up your CTF plans more than that big triangle on that map that says KILL LOL

18. grrinc

grrinc Guest

Only run lightweight if you have a good defence team who take out spy planes. My buddy takes a jammer and throws a smoke into the enemy flag area. Then he just runs in all kinds of crazy directions (which is often quite funny to watch in Theatre Mode). He also has support that ensures he has his back covered on his final run.

19. xTingz

xTingz General

I use lightweight because I use counter spy plane, I'm not retarded lol.

20. sspun13

sspun13 Major General

True but enemies with Hardline and Spy Plane will always spam more Spies than you can Counters. All it takes is just one time.

Shooting someone with lightweight IS hard as hell though. If your team is working together then yea, one teammate with Lightweight+Marathon could be designated flag grabber.

21. xTingz

xTingz General

All I need is to save up a counter spy plane for the time I pick up the flag, it's what I do.

Usually I have a pretty good team though.

22. RomeoSierra615

RomeoSierra615 2nd Lieutenant

Ghost Pro
    Warlord Pro
    Marathon
    Flash/Concussion
    Semtex/frag
    Whatever gun you like, use a suppressor and dual mags for the quick reload
    throw your flash/concussion at the flag before you cap it and look for hitmarkers
    As a secondary use a pistol because you can run faster with a pistol than you can with a primary.

23. KapUSMC

KapUSMC 1st Lieutenant

Start with Ghost... But if there is lack of spy planes up switch to lightweight. Lightweight Pro + Marathon Pro carrying a ballistic knife = tough to catch if you make it out of the enemy spawn area.

As far as kdr goes, it will be tough to maintain while trying to get the enemy flag, but once you get up 2-0 switch to your TDM class and let the rape begin. Should help you balance out what you lose from flag running.

By far my lowest kdr game because of the spawns. Yet I enjoy it because of that. Far more challenging.

24. thisismax

thisismax 2nd Lieutenant

ak-47 -suppressed or dual mag
    any secondary

ghost
    sleight of hand
    marathon

willy pete or flashbang
    semtex
    tactical insert

ive recently made 2 classes a CTF class and a objectives class you'd be suprised how well tact insert works on a kowloon. we were playing HQ and i was just merking people horribly with my tactical insertion =]

25. StarskyParker

StarskyParker Major General

Absolutely this. And Tac insert is a genius move.