1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Best Honey Badger set ups for respawn games

Discussion in 'Call of Duty Ghosts Multiplayer Discussion' started by Murk, Jan 17, 2014.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. Murk

Murk Major General

I'll have 3 classes set up, all the same except for one 2-pt perk. Those perks are ping, hardline, and blast shield. The class I run is dependent on the skill level of the enemy team or how they play.

Class 1:

Honey Badger w/ grip and extended mags

Perks: Stalker, Dead Silence, Amplify, Focus, & Ping

Streaks: Trinity Rocket, Battle Hind, Helo Pilot

Class 2:

Perks: Stalker, Dead Silence, Amplify, Focus, & Hardline

Class 3:

Perks: Stalker, Dead Silence, Amplify, Focus, & Blast Shield

Alternatives to extended mags can be red dot site or armor piercing rounds.

The only perk that isn't necessary would be Amplify if you want to switch that out I'd recommend Ping and Blastshield, or throwing on Sleight of Hand if you aren't using the grip and extended mags combo.

2. Matt23

Matt23 General

I have a similar set up. I like to use:
    Honey Badger Grip Extended Mags
    Dead Silence, Amplify, Off The Grid, Focus, Hardline, Takedown.

The honey badger is the gun I use for a rushing stealth class on maps that I can't rush with the MTAR-X on effectively.

3. Murk

Murk Major General

I never run off the grid. If off the grid and incog were merged into one perk (assassin pro) then I'd use it on every class.

But, the UAV is garbage on this game and there are a surprising amount of people that don't even use it. I never get killed from someone flying around the corner and killing me because the saw me on the radar, most of the time its someone sitting in a corner..so stalker helps me with that.

4. MesaSean

MesaSean Lieutenant General

Two setups I use for the Badger are

Core anything
    Grip, Ext mags
    Stalker, Amp, Dead Silence, Hardline and Sleight

Hard Core
    Red dot, Ext mags
    Stalker, Amp, Dead Silence, Hardline, Ready up and one IED.

I never use off the grid as I am always moving usually and want them to come to me. Then amp lets me know when they are coming.

I used to think Satcom's where useless but holy shit on Ground War it is insane. I almost never have seen the full on advanced UAV like MW3 until Ground war. Wire Tap would be good for ground war.

5. Matt23

Matt23 General

I have been thinking about changing out off the grid for stalker. I'll try it out and see how it goes.

6. VAL3R

VAL3R Still Ghosting...

running the HB like a sub perks will bring you some crazy gameplays!

7. slayer420-x

slayer420-x Sergeant Major

I like those setups, changing it up to how enemy plays, honey badger is my favorite gun i use similar settup . Grip extended mags, dead silence , amplify, stalker, focus, and switch eaither ready up and gambler, marathon s.o.h. I always used quickdraw ready up stalker focus s.O.H.But sinch i got my astro a40s ive taken off quickdraw alot and use just stalker and dead silence amplify , you really only need stalker on ar, its nice having quickdraw but with the sound perks and beast headset you can have your sights up before they see you :) sound in this game is soooo important and most people dont use dead silence so they sound like elephants lol, and ya i find off the grid unnecessary none really use sat com anymore , waste of 3 point, maybe if it did just one more benefit it would be useful. But silencer dead silence & amplify & stalker all ya need!

8. kforce-k4

kforce-k4 General

and focus.

9. slayer420-x

Honey badger is my baby , perfect for my playstyle , aggressive , not a post up weapon forsure

10. slayer420-x

11. MesaSean

I think I am the only one that never uses focus. I think it is because I am so used to it by now I adjust my aim in a 1v1. Same with so used to never running off the grid. I'd rather use the 2 points for hardline or slight of hand.

12. EVERYONEDIES

EVERYONEDIES Lieutenant General

The honey badger was my first gold gun but since then I haven't touched it other then picking it up for a backup off the ground.
    [MENTION=35766]Murk[/MENTION] the only issue I see with your set ups and maybe its just me but I don't think you have enough bullets to reach the helo pilot with the honey badger you don't have scavenger or fully loaded on your set ups. Im assuming your playing on core, if its hardcore then yes your fine.

13. Murk

Murk Major General

I never have a problem getting my helo pilot with just my honey badger. That being said, I also pick up weapons so if I ever run out of ammo I don't run into that problem.

It really depends on the player's skill and how they play. I have around 23% accuracy and I don't spray very often.

Another thing to think about is that completing a field order with give you full ammo (same ammount as fully loaded does - 270 w/ ext mags). So, if I get first blood and complete those field orders I'm set, but even if I don't I can always get to my trinity rocket no problem.

14. bmfk

bmfk Colonel

I'm with you, I don't find focus necessary. If you got used to it in BO2 then I can see "needing" it. Otherwise I go mostly stealth perks and either Red dot/Ex mags or grip/ex mags. Also, if you have ex mags and can tame yo' reload addiction you can spend those 2 points from slight of hand on something else.

15. EVERYONEDIES

EVERYONEDIES Lieutenant General

SO when you complete a field order your ammo gets topped off? I didn't know that at all.

16. Murk

Murk Major General

Yep!

There's no way I could play without focus. I didn't need it in other games but I feel like the view kick is so much worse in this game plus you die extremely fast that it is needed. When I run a class without it I often wonder why I'm losing so many gun fights and then I notice that I don't have focus.

17. MesaSean

Ahh now blops deuce I tried so hard to not use toughness but never could. Was so used to losing 1v1 gun fights so I always used it. I did never run light weight though to have hard line.