1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

bf1 first impressions

Discussion in 'Battlefield 1 Forum' started by boourns, Oct 20, 2016.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. boourns

boourns Excellent!

game is now finally available i pre ordered it after i played the beta but didn't want to pay the $20 for deluxe for the pathetic 2 days early access

honesty this is the smoothest battlefield game i've played in years, no issues at all with the game and servers granted i've only played 3 conquests maps and rush once

argonne forest seems like a good map but i've only played it and the map that was in the beta

haven't touched the campaign yet

2. DD

DD Devildriver

you got the midnight release?
    I'm going in 8 hours

3. Tuff

Tuff Machine Gun Cody

I can't afford it til next week but I'm super excited

4. boourns

boourns Excellent!

The game unlocked for me at 10pm last night probably because im in australia

Had enough time for a game or two before sleeping for work

Probably will play it all weekend

5. DD

DD Devildriver

Insanely good, played it with some friends last night.
    Am at work now with extremely baggy eyes.
    It's absolutely fantastic, the ultimate war feeling, the sound effects, the cinematics.
    It's just that good..

I've played the town map, the forest one and the one with the boats.
    All EPIC!!!

6. Scouse

Scouse Activison Ambassador

stunning looking game, just don't like the way it plays. I wished i'd like it, but i just don't, gonna pass on it.

7. Keef

Keef Ooouusshhhhh!

This is incredible, the game feels amazing and atmosphere is outrageously good and gripping. Not played a FPS since BO2 due to hating COD's predecessor and my word ive missed a game like this.

8. DD

DD Devildriver

The game really shines if you have a squad and play tactically while communicating.
    A good squad is a game changer.

The awsome battles you get with an enemy squad trying to take over a capture point is so thrilling.
    Especially if both squads have medics and support players providing revives and bullets, the battles can go on for ages.

[​IMG]

9. Plinker

Plinker General

I really like it, I've only played about 5-6 games though. I only have two things I hope they'll patch. The first is the bayonet rush/charge. I've had a few cases where I've got killed by that while unloading on the person while dealing minimum damage to them, seems like they're in god mode. The second is the battlepacks, I've seen numerous complaints on the official BF forums that they're extremely hard to get.

Other than those two complaints I'm thoroughly enjoying this game.

10. boourns

boourns Excellent!

has anyone played team deathmatch yet? it's actually really fun in this game

i know BF is better in conquest etc but it's a nice mode to have a few games in every now and again

11. DD

DD Devildriver

It's ok when you are lonewolfing, but I'm with a squad 95% of the time.

Downing planes with the tank is so rewarding :)

12. Mojo

Mojo 8th Prestige

So....it's good huh?

13. DD

DD Devildriver

The game is stunning, there is no FPS remotely like it.
    Playing the game gives you the same thrilling feeling as watching a war scene from saving private ryan.
    The cinematic effects are insane.

14. Mojo

Mojo 8th Prestige

Alright, I haven't played an FPS for over a year, I think I'll get this soon so it can at least snap me out of my ESO fixation.

15. DD

DD Devildriver

made a wicked flank tonight

• I like I like x 1
  16. bwizzle78

bwizzle78 Major General

Is there a trick to the planes, I'm terrible and keep crashing since down is up and up is down, plus i cant see anyone since im flying by so fast. Im also terrible with the tanks and cars haha

17. Tuff

Tuff Machine Gun Cody

You can change the inverted flight controls on the options menu

18. bwizzle78

bwizzle78 Major General

Thanks man, but I found it last night. Makes it way easier but still hard AF

19. Tuff

Tuff Machine Gun Cody

Agreed. Flying on BF is tough. I stay boots to the ground:cool1:

20. DD

DD Devildriver

Practice . . . It gets easier. The bomber is the hardest to control.
    Attack plane has great Bombs, I usually net 10+ kills with it if there are no AA gunners.

21. Tuff

Tuff Machine Gun Cody

Finally bought it this weekend. Played about 6 hours. I suck... The visuals are stunning but the feel of it is off to me. I have been playing Hardline so it will need getting used to. So much better than COD though.

22. Joy Mullen

Joy Mullen Recruit

I too bought it a week ago and playing it along with my gamer friends.

23. Mojo

Mojo 8th Prestige

I can't get on with this game as well as the last 2 (not including hardline) . I stopped playing it regularly ages ago and can't get into it. It doesn't have the same feel as 3&4, actually it's not even close.