1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Campaign Broken?

Discussion in 'Black Ops Campaign Discussion' started by JmesM, Nov 7, 2010.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. JmesM

JmesM Recruit

I'm stuck on campaign when your fighting off the NVA on the hill side, when they are in the trench, i was sitting on the turret shooting them for about 30 minutes im not joking and they just kept coming, do i have to do something else?

2. narvie04

narvie04 2nd Lieutenant

3. THE_LIFE_RUINER

THE_LIFE_RUINER Major General

Spoken like someone with common sense.

4. narvie04

narvie04 2nd Lieutenant

i think there is parts of the game where there is infinite spawn hopefully not all of the game
    and lol

5. JmesM

JmesM Recruit

Im being serious, it is stupid, they just keep coming, i've turned it off.

6. THE_LIFE_RUINER

Perhaps your game is fucked up? If not, you gotta' check the mission objectives and then see if you're heading in the correct direction.

7. JmesM

JmesM Recruit

God knows, it is a real copy too. The objective says push the NVA back.

8. THE_LIFE_RUINER

Get off your high-horse and hop into the field. Mow them down and keep pushing forward.

9. narvie04

narvie04 2nd Lieutenant

yes just like classic COD

10. JmesM

JmesM Recruit

I've tried it, it doesn't work. My team do not move forward with me, its fucking impossible.

11. THE_LIFE_RUINER

I don't know what to tell you. I don't have Black Ops yet, getting it Tuesday.

12. JmesM

JmesM Recruit

Ah right, i got mine sent out early from DVD.co.uk

13. tsc0308

tsc0308 Colonel

Restart the level.

There's sometimes bugs in CoD.

WaW's Little Resistance mission is an example... that part where you have to blow up the Japanese tanks is rarely bugged.

Just restart the mission. If that doesn't work, clean the disk and delete the Black Ops data on your console.

If that doesnt fix it, contact Treyarch and complain. Because loads of people have played through the campaign just fine.

14. JmesM

JmesM Recruit

Yep i'v restarted the level, i've managed to move the group of men you fight with forward a little but thats it.

15. PwnedHaxor

PwnedHaxor 1st Lieutenant

You...Bloody.... You ruined it, you spoiled it... Now I know I have to kill someone, now the whole story mode is ruined, Thanks! :mad:

16. sneakysnake

sneakysnake Captain

I like your sig :D

17. dvsshoe

dvsshoe Recruit

There's 3 barrels (one on the left, one in the center and one on the right). You gotta break 'em open and throw em down (press X next to them). They're full of gaz and they'll explode, making enemies stop coming out from that spot.

The easiest way to do that part is to wait for your guys to go down to the middle turret. Then, work your way down next to them and use the turret to kill a couple of NWA. After that, rush all the way to the left to the other turret and you'll see Woods break open a barrell and throw it down. Then rush to the opposite side and break open the other barrell. After that, the one in the center should be easy to do. When all 3 are done just go down to the marked spot and you will be able to proceed to the rest of the mission.

18. WSUcougCaleb

WSUcougCaleb Corporal

holy..... who is in your sig??? and where did you get that??

19. WSUcougCaleb

WSUcougCaleb Corporal

thanks so much for the barrel solution. i was in the same boat. there was no prompt to do anything... i was literally gunning down NVA for almost an hour.

20. Mxichxi

Mxichxi Corporal

I've had the same problem lol... i was stuck there like 1 1/2 hours until i found out that i have to push the barrells down ...

21. TM-BI

TM-BI Recruit

Not broken here!

Hi, no the campaign is not broken at this point!
    I suppose you are on the left side of the hill in a bunker with an machine-gun, rigth? There you can shoot for hours and the mission will never continue!

You need to change to the right side of the map and then you have to try to reach the next waypoint ahead! You need to reject the enemy up the hill on the other side of the hill! you will see - it´s not that hard to manage!

Regards

TM

22. Nome666

Nome666 Recruit

if its the mission at the beginning of the game u have to get to the barrells and push them down the hill!?

23. aussie

aussie Recruit

thank god i'm not the only one cheers guys

24. jimbo

jimbo Sergeant

they will keep coming unless u move down the hill . just keep moving

25. brazen

brazen Recruit

I'm having something like this happen on the first level when you're escaping the compound. They just keep coming. There's supposed to be an APC enter through the left but it never comes. Bowman is upstairs. Woods is outside shooting. I've picked up two intel packs before this. Not sure what I'm missing.

26. Pc_GamerGX

Pc_GamerGX Sergeant

Try do this on Veteran. Not only do you get killed very quickly when trying to move down, but let's see you manage to get further down, get cover, and kill the enemies in the trench, by the time reach a barrel and kick it over, you get shot at over and over, and as soon as the barrel animation finishes your instantly gunned down. It's impossible to advance, after over 70 deaths I gave up and changed difficulty.

27. Sconterboy

Sconterboy Colonel

I did the exact same thing...well you lasted longer than me. I gave up and changed difficulty when the GF rushed upstairs and asked what was wrong when she heard a loud banging noise (that noise was me taking my fist and putting it through my wall) Gonna have to fix that now!