1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Dying so damn quick!

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer & Zombies Disc' started by Hokala, Mar 28, 2011.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. Hokala

Hokala General

Is it just me or in that past week have you been quick as fuck? Everytime I come around the corner someone's shot me before I even saw them. Watch the killcam and it shows it like the person was sitting there staring at me for three seconds before they even shoot. I can't even stand a chance lately! I see someone come around the corner across the map and suddenly three bullets fly at me and I'm dead before I can even bring up my sights! It's like they know where I am at all times! -sigh- it's really taking the fun out of the game because I can't even do shit now. I can't win a single gun fight because it's like people are shooting me before I can even react. I know it's a fast-pace game and all but it's like everyone's reaction time has suddenly skyrocketed and now I can barely break even in a match. I don't remember dying this quick before. Maybe I'm just in a slump or something, but has anyone else been having this experience lately?

2. Knappster

Knappster Major General

Go play combat training with recruit bots for a bit. It makes me feel happier.

3. Lukledinio

Lukledinio Colonel

Firing range has been a pain in the ass for me, 9/10 times when i spawn i get killed by someone running round the corner, spawning on that map seems abit gay. Other than that it's not been so bad.

4. SnowPetrol

SnowPetrol General

5. slip ups

slip ups Colonel

ive actually been having the same problem and its extremely frustrating i can even tell with my k/d it has dropped a lot.

6. purehatred89

purehatred89 Silverback of the Pack

7. Tank Dempsey

Tank Dempsey Captain

Yeah, makes me thinks everybody has an aimbot. LOL
    But, still SO annoying.

8. Jewfro Samurai

Jewfro Samurai 7th Prestige

Or maybe someone has an SR-71 up?

9. Flamonge

Flamonge Lieutenant General

I've had this alot recently.

10. Hokala

Hokala General

And it's only been happening recently.

11. Its Paul

Its Paul Major General

It seems like I get nothing but decent-good players now, but I guess it's because I'm a 15th prestige and matchmaking isn't as bad as it was before. Seems like all these players have perfect aim and use the best weapons in the game.

I miss the good old days, and the christmas noobs.

Seems like I die in a heartbeat, I know how you feel man.

12. Giraffariig

Giraffariig Colonel

It is a problem with network lag. Especially as the host or with a good connection to the host you will see people a fraction of a second earlier than they see you or vice versa. It is pretty bothersome but you can't help it, it isn't you.

13. wkhan113

wkhan113 Corporal

lag dude. Gayest thing in the game, apart from second chance that is

14. SnowPetrol

SnowPetrol General

True that my friend. Why don't the christmas noobs have their mummies buy the map pack too?

15. The_Peoples_Poet

The_Peoples_Poet Lieutenant General

Whats Your ping, upload/download speed? This should answer your question.

16. Hokala

Hokala General

Well i'm pretty sure it hasn't changed. And I have no clue how to figure that out.

17. Wagbo

Wagbo Guest

There has been an increase in SR-71's being used recently because the noobs have all started to realize Ghost doesn't work on it.

18. imabloodynoob

imabloodynoob Colonel

It also means that those noobs have figured out how to get a 7/8 killstreak.

But yeah there are patterns/phases to this game. I don't know if certain areas/locales are in different patterns than others or if it's a vicious infectious circle. Forums like these and youtube videos increase this effect too. I see a lot of flak jacket and ghost when playing DOM. These days I've noticed a decline in RC-XD and in second chance but more spy planes, counter spy planes and blackbirds.

Blackbird phase now, counter spy plane phase soon to follow.

19. Its Paul

Its Paul Major General

I agree lol. I wish christmas noobs were christmas noobs year-round. Now there's a gift that keeps on giving. ;)

20. Rec0n_07

Rec0n_07 Corporal

21. Rec0n_07

Rec0n_07 Corporal

22. Ninja

Ninja The Local Ninja

same thing i was on firing range and went like 3-30+ i kept spawning next to an enemy the 3 guys i killed were the enemy not knowing i spawned next to them

23. The_Peoples_Poet

The_Peoples_Poet Lieutenant General

You will be surprised what a a reset to your modem does. When my ping/download speed is shit I restart and everything is good again. Just google search "speed test" and report results.

24. twojoints

twojoints Sergeant Major

This is due to the host being too far away from you. If the host is in france and you are in vancouver, youre going to have a hell of a time killing someone who sees you at the same time as you. All I do when I notice this is play like a jackass, like a campy little s**t, its not your fault you have 1 or 2 bars and the host is from accross the world, so play safe and stay away from areas where you cant get the drop on someone, because when this happens it seems the only way to kill people is when you have a few seconds to open fire on them.

25. gavimac

gavimac General

Yeah this is happening to me a lot lately too. Im working hard to go positive wheres normal id be pulling 2.00 or 2.5 kd

26. DingGate

DingGate Colonel

Same here...was making good progress until this weekend and then I've just been getting worked. I never really think anyone's cheating, but the fact that I'm running ghost, no blackbirds, and the enemy starts shooting just as he appears around the corner (in the killcam as well), and all the bullets are dead on, it is kind of frustrating. Granted, I'm not the best there is, but I think I'm better than I've been playing.

27. legion681

legion681 Colonel

Probably a phase.

But in any case, why don't you try to use a setup that is finalised towards cqc situations? By this I mean:
    1) use a fast shooting weapon. For ARs, a Famas or Aug, for SMGs either the Ak74u or MP5 w/rapid fire (I would exclude other SMG with higher rof as they take more bullets to kill. But if you feel the extra rof of those is something you might need, try the Spectre as it's the one with the greatest magazine capacity amongst those SMG with 1250 rpm)
    2) use Steady Aim pro and hipfire only in CQC. Steady Aim keeps your bullets nice and tight and another nice advantage is that if you hipfire with that, you can fire before your enemy goes into ADS (I know it's only 0.10/0.25seconds, but sometimes it makes the difference between whacking and getting whacked).
    3) use a good headset (example: turtle beach) and keep Ninja Pro equipped. You'd be surprised how many people out there go around sounding like a truck full of empty cans and think you can't hear them coming.

Other than this, I don't think there's more help available. At least, I can't think of any, really.

Good luck!

28. Maybe_MaybeNot

Maybe_MaybeNot 2nd Lieutenant

you can change your settings for locale search of players.......might help

29. DingGate

DingGate Colonel

maybe I need to switch off of that, because all my issues have actually come since i did that.

Who knows? maybe I had host advantage before and now i've just brought everyone else up to my level (connection wise) and i've just always sucked...

30. the_trots

the_trots Colonel

Last night I couldn't get into a game without serious lag issues.

My last game before I turned off the PS3 was Array where everyone on my team had 1 bar and everyone on the other team had 4.

31. tres

tres Colonel

I'm the guy on the other side of the screen :)