1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Favorite Ways To Start a Game (Maps and Routes)

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Discussion' started by flabulous_83, Nov 29, 2011.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. flabulous_83

flabulous_83 Privates Investigator

So since the game is new and not everyone has the routes or hotspots completely figured out yet, I thought it might be a good idea if we share our routes on certain maps that usually yield us good results. Videos would be preferred (although I don't have one atm), or else do your best to describe it.

My favorite so far that usually yields me between 2-5 kills within the first 30-45 seconds or so is on Resistance. When you spawn at the high side right at the top of those stone stairs and cobblestone pathway. Immediately take a right and go towards that hallway that leads down to that camping room in the corner that looks down that long pathway. I have my akimbo pistols out as I am going through the hallway into the room. Usually there will be a person or two in the room or about to enter the room that I spray down and/or someone near the vehicle looking up that pathway that you can clear out. Then I switch to the type 95 with RDS and stand behind the counter or whatever down that long sightline and take out anyone coming down that path. Usually the people you kill initially will spawn in the same spot they did initially and come back down that path looking for revenge. You can take them out again. Be sure to watch up high as well as they might go up on that balcony to check things out to see if you are still there and they are easy to pick off with that set up.

At that point the spawns have probably flipped and they are spawning where you started out and maybe coming to look for revenge. I pull out the pistols again and head back down that hallway and mow down anyone coming for you. Then you can check that middle courtyard area with near the room with the heavy camping from the elevated position just outside the hallway. If nothing is there I usually head towards those stairs and take out people trying to make their way up them.

This strategy has yielded me some very good games on that map and its probably my favorite map right now. Like I said, its great for a quick start. Usually it gets me at least 3 kills from the corner room, which gets me the UAV and then I kind of just head to the highest concentration of dots, which usually ends me up on the route I layed out. I don't have a video, but if I think of it sometime I will see if I can make a short one. Can you still render 30 second clips through theater like with Blops?

Anyways, share yours here.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
    • I like I like x 1
  2. ALungsackFish

ALungsackFish Lieutenant General

I like to shoot my mod controller at the start of the game so everyone knows how cool i am

EDIT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN ALL CAPS BUT THIS BULLSHIT CORRECTION WONT LET ME

3. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

On lockdown run straight through the long hallway. Always a guy at other end. Usually one or two about to come up. Go down steps and enter building with corner windows everyone camps at. Usually aren't paying attention and can just knife them.

4. DD

DD Devildriver

Thanks for sharing my friend, and repped for taking the time to explain a great approach on that map!

check out Fearcrads's spawnrush in Arkaden!

5. ForeverCarefree

ForeverCarefree The Long Goodbye

I normally take that route on Arkaden. Rather than going up into the building where 90% of players seem to spend the match I tend to flank round and then work my way up the route that the opposing would have taken when starting the map.

6. XxOuberxX

XxOuberxX Corporal

I have also found success this way.

7. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

First 20 seconds show my route

8. DD

DD Devildriver

How the hell can you render up to 1 min?

9. SRSBSNS

SRSBSNS Sergeant

I start every HC game by cooking a grenade and running as fast I as can until I kill someone with me.

10. der Jonesinho

der Jonesinho Lieutenant General

Same route with an addition, throw on your way to the 'camping room' a nade on the parking lot with the 3 or 4 cars in the center of the map, this costs you only a second more, but this is usually the first kill of the game and sometimes you get a triple, cause of the big explosion when all cars detonate.

11. flabulous_83

Nice addition! I will have to start doing that as well.

12. ForeverCarefree

ForeverCarefree The Long Goodbye

If ever there are cars at a mid point on a map, I will if possible try to blow them up.

This A) Maybe gets me a kill. B) Stops the fucking thing blowing up on me when I later walk past.

13. amel223

amel223 2nd Lieutenant

Fearcrad's Arkaden opening route used to net me a quick 2-3 kills to start the game, rarely 4.

Lately, not so much. I think opponents are hip to that opening route now and they've adjusted accordingly.

14. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

Arkdaan is good to run straight inside then down elevator usually they are looking that other way and you can surprise them

15. der Jonesinho

der Jonesinho Lieutenant General

On TDM and KC this works fine, on DOM you should save your nade for the B flag

16. NoodlePan

NoodlePan Commander

When you are approaching 3 enemies if front of you, you get into position for the easy kills. You look their direction and only find me t-bagging the hell out of them saying "kill-jacks"

17. slowdive1967

slowdive1967 4th Prestige

Nobody has mentioned Dome yet, dunno why, maybe cos its an obvious one i suppose?
    But at the start chuck a nade in the circular dome building and let the barrels explode. I've got several multi kills doing that and people still keep going in there at the start of the match.

18. Tandem

Tandem Guest

For TDM / Kill Confirmed on Mission, I spawn on the A-side and run across the bridge and towards B. I throw a Flash to the end of the hallway after passing the car and then pop the corner and try to headglitch the worn down walls while watching the narrow pathway. This usually gets First Blood. If I got a hitmarker, I'll push forward, turn left and use the wall inlet as cover before I Stalker-strafe to look down the hallway and push further.

On Dome, I actually throw a flash + frag to the A-side sandbags in front of the entrance to the building, then run down the hill and wait in a crevice behind the dome so I can shoot them in the back. I prefer to shoot the barrels in the room when map control is more dependent / there's a camper, because I prefer not dying to getting a single kill.

19. KrazyKampingKid

KrazyKampingKid Lieutenant General

My favorite way is to just find a long hallway prone and snipe some heads :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! :D

20. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Recruit

On underground if I spawn on the train side. Run down across the tracks and into the lover level of the room with the photo copier. Go up stairs and turn right. Claymore on the entry near the bus and you will always catch people running into the station from behind. Easy 3-5 kills some times

21. hombre'

hombre' Death to Taliban

When playing Dome, every time I get near the fence I try to toss a

Betty as far as possible over the fence. Gets me some kills.

Sometimes I get shot though. That's where i head first.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  22. ProudCamper

ProudCamper Recruit

I find my favorite room (prefably overlooking B dom flag), set a claymore or a betty, look out the window, ADS, and get my pave low.

23. alx-ndr

alx-ndr 1st Prestige

I start my mornings games with a nice big bowl of semtex.

I know most of the spawn nade spots so 50% of the time I get first blood with it, except on dome... I only get hitmarkers, I must be doing something wrong =/

24. DD

DD Devildriver

25. flabulous_83

Here is what I was talking about.

I shot where I usually look for cars and then added the nade recommendation that was suggested by der jonesinho. I usually stay behind that counter for about 10-15 seconds as usually 2-3 come back for revenge where I am waiting for them. After where the clip ends, I usually make my way to the long stairs by where I spawn and about halfway down you can see an upper balcony and then a lower tunnel where people usually come out and thats another great place to pick people off.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011