1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Finally out of the "sophomore slump!?!?!"

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer & Zombies Disc' started by knockemdeadmax, Jun 1, 2011.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. knockemdeadmax

knockemdeadmax Imperial Stormtrooper

I say "sophomore slump," because it seems like I started playing bad during the middle to end of my 2nd Prestige...

Changed my whole setup for my main run-n-gun class. Hardened-SOH-Ninja and I'm running Counter SP, Care Package, and Attack Helicopter for my killstreaks. Finally getting back into a groove on TDM, and was even finishing DOM matches in the top three, positive, and with at least 4-5 captures each game. Hopefully I've crawled out of the hole of slump I was in for the last two weeks. Are any of you running similar stuff? Any tips?

2. Bowser701

Bowser701 Lieutenant General

My 2nd and 4th Prestige took so freakin' long, but I mostly didn't play as much during those.

3. CyberShotz

CyberShotz 8th Prestige

I'm experimenting with different guns. Mostly LMGs. I'm really liking the M60 and AK47, even though I didn't give either too much of a try.

I use:
    -Famas
    -G11
    -Spectre
    -Stakeout
    -Galil
    -AK47
    -M60
    -MP5K

I don't plan to use any other weapons. Maybe when I get my 2 other classes I will use the Enfield and L96.

4. knockemdeadmax

Dude, this guy was tearing it UP last night with the M60. Everyone was calling him a camper, but he really wasn't "hiding" or "camping," he was just so good with the gun that he would stay out in the open in one area and mow down people. It was sickkkk. Hated him at first, then he was on my team and the two of us raped people for like 4 games in a row!

5. VwApAthywV

VwApAthywV General

Lol... cyber a beast... literally made me lol

6. knockemdeadmax

When I said "this guy" I didn't mean Cyber, I've never played with him. I'm sure he's very good. I was just referring to a random I was playing with last night...

7. VwApAthywV

VwApAthywV General

Ohhh. Well that makes alot more sense

8. sweaty groat

sweaty groat Yorkshire Scum

Glad to here it buddy,might get chance to play this weekend,also if you want any tips for TDM,watch some of the videos on my fileshare.

9. knockemdeadmax

Thanks man, you gave me some good pointers ;) If you look at my recent games you'll see the improved gameplay. Just a few crap games where I was doing well, then the enemy got desperate, started camping, and got a bunch of cheap kills...nothing worse then being positive by like 3-6 kills, then people start camping and eating away at that spread...only happened like twice last night though, the rest of the games were great!

10. sweaty groat

Glad to hear! I just went 16-0 on stockpile using an m14,quite proud of that.
    We need to play some TDM together and tear it up!

11. neon1302

neon1302 General

Whats your first perk? You said hardened and soh

12. sweaty groat

I think he means hardline.