1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

forum vs forum...

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by joal0503, Oct 6, 2011.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. joal0503

joal0503 10th Prestige

ideas to settle it online? Im fairly certin its been brought up before...It makes sense doesnt it? each community could put together a few brackets of teams (locations) and we could have a pretty decent size tournament of the forums' best vs the other forum...

be great for bragging rights...

good idea or bad?

2. Soarsea

Soarsea ASSISTANT REGIONAL ADM1N

I havent even been in another mw3 forum. Maybe i should sign up and spread some soarsea magic

3. Quantum

Quantum General

It sounds like a great idea, perhaps it could settle disputes between here and the other forum for good. It can prove we're better players than they are in the game (and if they get upset and be bad sports over us beating them, it proves we're more mature than they are). And it would be a great thing to help stop all these disputes.

If there ever is a tournament that actually does get set up between us and the other forum though, and there's a PC Black Ops part of the tournament, I would gladly help out if you need someone to participate in it.

4. Dr_Narc

Dr_Narc Senior Member

i'm as loyal as a dog.. filth's bitch

5. Quantum

Quantum General

Yeah! Give them a taste of the good ol' soarsea magic, that'll end the drama for sure!

xD

6. KiDMaTiX

KiDMaTiX 14 Blocked n Counting!

What other forums?

7. Tensor

Tensor Captain

For a second here I thought you were talking about a fight. Then I realize it's a FPS forum and thought to myself; Are these guys talking about forum-war in the sense of running eachother down in any means possible until one of them sells the domain?

Then; Ofc. not.. They aint got the balls to either of the two above and a scrim with blackops/mw3 to settle it wont stop shit. It will just start a bigger arguement and put more fuel on the fire and this shit will explode when teenage butthurt idiots start to torment the other forum with even more BS than before.

My bets are; Nothing will happen.. at all. Maybe a match with 3-4 maximum from each forum in order to even out the teams.

However, there's a fourth option; Merge the two. Fight for that. The team that wins got to merge with the other forum. The winning site get to keep the URL while the other one got to shut it down. THAT would be interesting. Anything beside of this is pointless in the long run.

KidMatix: modernwarfare(3)forum.com Don't enter it atm. My virus program reacted to it earlier. Plus, the community over there is dull as fuck.

8. joal0503

joal0503 10th Prestige

an all out forum war ...

[​IMG]

hahaha...

but really it doesnt even have to be THAT forum...any mw3 forum/communities out there..we could just go around and throw down. I think it would be possible to keep it friendly...especially if we win. Which Im pretty sure we have enough talent here (both consoles and PC) to tear shit up.

9. theycallmeBruce

theycallmeBruce General

you like the warriors joal you gotta love this one

10. varock

varock Gay for Moleman

Such a forum war would much resemble this kind of scrap, me thinks.

11. PapaStudMuffin

PapaStudMuffin The Moneymaker

The war would just cause major trolling. They come here, talking about how we're going lose, and we do the same. It would just turn bad quickly.

• I like I like x 1
  12. Soarsea

Soarsea ASSISTANT REGIONAL ADM1N

The war will turn us into crazed animals.

Like this dude

13. joal0503

joal0503 10th Prestige

no no noooo..that only happens if we let it happen. there is a way to do it. friendly competition amongst players that actually can handle themselves without the kiddy bullshit. it could work.

14. Headmaster Treecio

Headmaster Treecio Commander

I tried to organize this last time.

I got banned over there. :/ But hey, I'm down.

15. joal0503

joal0503 10th Prestige

lol...did you troll a bit ?

16. sweaty groat

sweaty groat Yorkshire Scum

There is no forum war,this place is full of good/fun/intelligent/talented/loyal people,the other forum is full of...... You know ;)

17. joal0503

joal0503 10th Prestige

there are no adjectives in human language that can describe how fucking sweet we are.

but seriously, half of the work is already done...weve got a huge list of people who are already interested in playing online (gamertags) all it requires really is finding out what theirs are and organizing a time to meet online.

18. sweaty groat

We tried before,they were not mature enough,sad really.

19. Headmaster Treecio

A bit..

Like Groat said, they weren't mature enough to do so.

• I like I like x 1
  20. joal0503

joal0503 10th Prestige

ill try to work some magic. I cant really think of a better way to kick off the release of MW3, other than with some friendly forum competition...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  21. sweaty groat

Good luck with that....

22. I brought this idea up to the other forum months back. Only 2 or 3 members thought it was a good idea and would partake in it.

They seem way too uptight and weird over there. Maybe there isnt enough gay innuendo

23. joal0503

joal0503 10th Prestige

I think what would help the most, is a unified attempt to get them to play, on behalf of those who already share member status with both forums. Im checkin it out, and surprisingly there are quite a few people who I see on their member lists that are active here as well..

edit: ah fuck it, this seems just like way too much effort.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  24. ya i joined a while back but all they would discuss was "ghost is n00bz" and "FAMAS is OP" there is no sense/feeling of community there. There are actually alot of members that are on both forums.... Plus PATZ_13 is there lol along with Roxy_Babe

25. gavimac

gavimac General

The members we banned here stated over there on at least 3 threads they were attempting to troll. Upon banning, they completely contradicted themselves that they weren't trying to troll. They couldnt seem to grasp the fact that moderators from each forum occasionally check the other forum to try stop such a thing happening.

Doctor Dagger was nice enough to come over here and apologise for those members behaviour. It takes maturity to do that. Im sure the vast majority over there are decent people but its the minority, those like the ones who came here to troll, that will scupper any attempt at an inter-forum competition or collaboration with childish and immature behaviour.

I would suggest leaving the idea alone. But thats just me.

26. Exist

Exist ᴇᶍᴉᶊᵵᴇᴎᵵᴉᴀᶅ ᴛᴇᶉᶉᴏᶉ

Big thanks to Doctor Dagger for displaying the kind of maturity that, apparently, isn't representative of his community. Doc (or any other members reading this, and I know that you are), feel free to contact me with any concerns.

Can't wait for the day when people get a little older and they cringe a little when they remember how cool they thought they were when they were inturnetz trolan. ;)

OT: Try to entice them into a competition if you like, but as has been mentioned we tried to do this before and those that responded to the challenge simply weren't mature enough.

27. rad_pi

rad_pi One Point Seven Seven

28. Jesse

Jesse Commander

I really want to play some organized call of duty, I don't care who the opponent is.

29. Born

Born General

If this happens, i'm in, for sure.

30. sweaty groat

Same Bro.

31. Beargrass

Beargrass Commander

You tried trolling them more than you tried organizing it. I was talking to there admin about making it official but..................

• I like I like x 1
  32. DD

DD Devildriver

Hence why diplomacy should be 18+

33. Jekyll

Jekyll Major General

I'd be down for this. My community is young, but we have some pretty solid players. :]

34. Headmaster Treecio

I'm not gonna let some 12 year old talk shit to me.

Come on now.

35. sweaty groat

Ladies,relax, this fighting will have them laughing across there,im sure nobody here wants that.

• I like I like x 1
  36. Headmaster Treecio

You're so wise. <3

I can't wait to see your montage man.

37. sweaty groat

Thanks babe,only got 3 clips so far :/

38. Dr_Narc

Dr_Narc Senior Member

I would just hinder the team most likely, sadface.jpg

39. sweaty groat