1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

FPS247 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Carlos, Feb 13, 2016.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

So, by the time the import from COD247.com > FPS247.com happens, you'll be seeing this thread, so let's have 'em!

What do you like about FPS247.com so far? What do you NOT like about FPS247.com so far? What would you improve about FPS247.com?

Any issues you have with FPS247.com so far? Post links so the admins can track down the problems from the import.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. ZANDIT001

ZANDIT001 MMMMMMM TITS!!!

Initially, the only gripe I have is the font used in the black banners. Looks Cartooney, not something I'd imagine seeing on FPS site, where you would expect to see something more like a military based font perhaps.
    Apart from that, everything seems to be laid out as you would expect.
    Looks like we have lost our credits? and I have $5 in my bank, I'm guessing I can use that for something in the future.
    The thumbs up/down seem to have disappeared too. I'm not sure I like what they have been replaced by, too many chances for abuse I reckon.
    We'll see how it goes.
    BTW, do we have access now to larger sized avatars? My original one looks pixelated now, might have to get a higher res one soon.
    Good work guys!

• Much Appreciated Much Appreciated x 1
  3. Dexterosity

Dexterosity General

This place uses old people font sizes

4. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

That can easily be fixed. I forget where it is, but I'll direct OUTL4W when I find it.
    I thought the same. But BO2/3 experimented with the whole paintjob customization stuff...
    On the upper right corner of the screen on a computer, you'll see "Money: $XX" so they have a credits system in place already. You won't get credits back from the vB3 system because this is a completely new Forum Software. It's called xenForo.

xenForo was made, and coded by the SAME exact people who did the vB3 line (the Forum Software that COD247 used).
    If you're on a computer, look on the lower right corner, there's a bunch of emoji-like emoticons there. They replace the thumbs up/down system. Stock xenForo installation usually allows you to "like" posts by default. So, when you press the arrow button next to an avatar, you will see a bunch of member info, one of them is "likes recieved" that refers to the amount of likes you get when someone clicks that thumbs up icon, and then when you check your profile, you will see a long list of counters for each emoticons.

Here, let me show you.
    That is probably from the import from vB3.

EDIT: Uploading a 207 x 192 image returns this dialogue...
    "Your avatar's file size is too large. Please upload an avatar no bigger than 50 KB."
    So, in other words, not only do you have to upload an image that's 200 x 200, you also have to meet THAT filesize requirement AND an allowed filetype.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    • I like I like x 3
    • good info good info x 1
  5. ZANDIT001

Thanks CarlosCarlos, most appreciated!

• Winner! Winner! x 1
  6. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

God. I get a boner every time I see that fucking sig.

Anyway, you welcome! I own a bunch of xenForo-powered websites, sooo... ask away.

• Winner! Winner! x 1
  7. ZANDIT001

Yeah, this has definitely been the best one I think, certainly had the best "staying power" than the others!!! :p

8. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

Yeah! :D

This is meant for OUTL4WOUTL4W below:

Screenshot_2016-02-10-07-59-50.png

9. theycallmeBruce

theycallmeBruce General

i suppose i congrats is in order here to all the people that have done this stuff, too much to get my head around at the moment so i'll have a wander around

10. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

:Stream
    Yes the credits will be updated later today when I get home. It takes a few hours for the process to run its course. Can't do as much as I would like from mobile. Along with the mobile login bar. And a few other issues. Just bear with us.

11. misterhooper

misterhooper Major General

As a former web developer who worked on half a million hit a day+ sites, stop it with the fonts. They're awful.

12. Tuff

Tuff Machine Gun Cody

Good job moving everything over. I agree with the masses though, the fonts are a bit awkward.

13. Dexterosity

Dexterosity General

Why do we have "new posts" and "recent posts"

• I like I like x 1
  14. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

Recent posts = posts you haven't read along with the posts you already read. In case you wanted to re-read a thread that:
    1. you want to look at thread again
    2. You posted in it and wanted to go back to the thread.

15. slowdive1967

slowdive1967 4th Prestige

16. IshTing

IshTing Stuff And Things

Jesus what happened to your avatar?!

• Funny haha Funny haha x 1
  17. slowdive1967

i dunno, when im on home page it shows fine, but everywhere else it doesnt :(

18. IshTing

IshTing Stuff And Things

Looks messed up mate. Think it might be time to put old Shaun down.

19. Tuff

Tuff Machine Gun Cody

Yep time for a new avatar my friend

20. slowdive1967

there we go, that'll do for now until i find a new sheep.

21. Tuff

Tuff Machine Gun Cody

22. Dexterosity

Dexterosity General

lotta butts in this thread...

That part's not a complaint

23. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

One is meant for account and the other is meant for "global," kinda like an RSS feed. When you log in, "New Posts" appears. It's a place where new posts are separated from old posts since you logged in last. "Recent Posts" can be seen when you log out or are offline... It tells you there's a new post in that particular thread(s).

Basically, xenForo is just trying to feed two markets; folks that want to check if there's a new post in their favorite thread, and those that want to see if there's a new post lately.

"Recent Activity" is where I usually check for posts. I can scan what thread got a new post, and preview the reply, and click on it. This is where ALL threads, posts, replies, and status updates are populated.

There, I think I said that perfectly.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  24. crazy-bad

crazy-bad Lieutenant General

I think everything looks pretty good. Laid out in a user friendly way. I see some new features and fun things to play with for a while. And as an added bonus, I can actually post here rather than just lurk with my work computer. So you're going to have to put up with me a lot more now, especially when things are slow during the winter months!

On the topic of credits/money... what can I spend it on? Apparently I have almost $5,000. Not sure if that can buy me much more than I slice of dog turd on a kabocha bun

25. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

Awww damn....thanks for the warning!

Click on your mini avatar on navigation bar and then on "account upgrades" don't buy!....haven't completed the cusomizations needed for the stylings. Just for preview for now.

26. ZANDIT001

You're welcome!!

• I like I like x 1
    • Much Appreciated Much Appreciated x 1
  27. ZANDIT001

Can I just cash my credits in please? It's for a worthy cause, I want to do an Acoustic Guitar building course.
    I'll send through my Paypal details soon.....

28. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

If I had one big complaint, it'd be the dropdown when you hover over "username," it shows a bunch of options, okay... I get that... but why isn't it in a grid style, like this?

OptionsDR.png

See how I can reach "log out"? I get there's a logout icon... but I have this habit of hovering over my username and log out there. Force of habit.

It's not a big deal, but that long line of options is a bit of a throwoff.

See?

OptionsFPS247.png

29. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

Fixed

Also just a quick tip...when landing on the home page, selecting "recent activity" in upper left below nav bar will show recent global changes to moods/avatars/media/profile posts/posts ratings along with new threads & posts.

• I like I like x 1
    • Winner! Winner! x 1
  30. IshTing

IshTing Stuff And Things

I'll give you 200 rupees.

• Funny haha Funny haha x 2
  31. ZANDIT001

How do you want to transfer it??!!!

32. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

But Rupees exists only in Zelda! :p

33. archie_mofo

archie_mofo General

My feedback: ishting is a sexy mama. Nuff sed.
    Also: rupees should be available everywhere..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    • I concur I concur x 1
  34. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

Nice BG on FPS247, OUTL4WOUTL4W! I know it's a placeholder, but I commend you for trying to get users enticed. And then you edited the "whitespace" to look transparent. I wanna know how to do that!

35. ZANDIT001

Can someone tell me why there are two different views when looking at threads?

One shows a larger avatar, plus details of the the poster, and you can award thumbs up/down/left & right...
    [​IMG]

but the other view is abbreviated, and doesn't show additional content, or allow up/down votes?
    [​IMG]

36. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

:think: don't know what you're talking about.....gahhhh...it was an extra setting I forgot to un-tick....back to default layout.

• I like I like x 1
  37. ZANDIT001

Thanks bud, wasn't sure it was one of my settings, or a Forum setting.
    All good now, thanks again!

38. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

It wasn't your settings, but rather a forum setting. However, that section is a news section. It's running xenPorta. It's a plugin that turns your xenforo forum into a blog-like, news-like website. That's why the design looked different.

I would have preferred the minimalist design (xenPorta) than forum style for that particular forum. But hey. Whatever suits OUTL4WOUTL4W!

• I like I like x 1