1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Game Developer here! Doing some research!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by justone2004, Jan 15, 2018.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. justone2004

justone2004 Recruit

Hey guys!

As my header suggests! I found your forum popped up first when I googled FPS forums, so here I am! I'm gonna go explore once I'm done with this post, but since you're already here I've got 2 questions!
    1. Would you play a MP Shooter where everyone is blind and you only see using sound, i.e. footsteps, gunshots, dripping water, etc?
    2. Where's the most appropriate place to post the above question?
    Also, as a gamer, I'm huge on FPS and was into COD MW1 and 2! But kinda fell off after getting into game development full time, now I mostly play Overwatch on and off with my buddies!

2. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

:Stream
    Welcome Sir,
    Your game idea concept sounds very intriguing. I’m sure a HQ headset would be required.

But without visuals all I would do is end up spraying & praying. What type of audio queues would you use to help aim? Or even if you hit your target?

3. Mojo

Mojo 8th Prestige

No.

I could see it being a sort of cool feature in a campaign, for a short period but not in a MP game.

4. MR Q

MR Q PSN id: mashupman

I would need way more info on how this would work to have a solid opinion. Sounds like it could be interesting but apart from that...

5. justone2004

justone2004 Recruit

Essentially, you'll be able to see anything that's covered in sound. Think Daredevil.

Visuals can come in a few forms.
    • Sounds that are generated naturally in the level. Running water, some kind of alarm? A Clock? These will expose certain parts of the level allowing you to "see"
    • A "scanner" type weapon that shoots moving sound pulses out so players can kinda scan their weapon
    • Projectile weapons hit walls and generate sounds and sight.
    • Moving around the level will create sounds via footsteps and that will attract enemies.

6. justone2004

justone2004 Recruit

Yeah, that's fair.

7. justone2004

justone2004 Recruit

See this reply.

8. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

Have any gameplay vids?