1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

general tips

Discussion in 'Destiny Forum' started by MR Q, Jan 4, 2015.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. MR Q

MR Q PSN id: mashupman

:Stream
    Quick one to start with.
    I eventually got my Husk of the pit the other day.( dropped from blade of crota that appears at skywatch).
    To level this initially you got to kill hive..and a lot of em too!
    Or you could, like me, go to cosmodrome, and just a bit in front of where you initially spawn go downstairs to where the 3 hive elites are and kill them. Took me around 20 minutes to fully level the husk to its max. Much quicker than going to the moon and waking the hive that I read about. Also use ur black wax idols to make sure you get that cash money for maximum benefit.

Feel free to add your own. eg [MENTION=36477]Dom[/MENTION] [MENTION=6929]Shizer[/MENTION] etc... (anyone else that play and know what they're doing :) )

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  2. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

My tip is to get a gjallarhorn and an icebreaker this turns even scrubs like me and [MENTION=35824]n00by[/MENTION] into pros

3. Scouse

Scouse Activison Ambassador

my tip - Stop playing shite.

4. MR Q

Where's best place to get these? (Is there a place where drop for either is guaranteed?)
    I got some decent stuff but these 2 still elude me.

5. Pluton

Pluton General

Do not take on double teams...just run away. PVP tip.

And the sunsigner warlock class is arguably the best overall class, in both pvp and pve.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  6. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

No im just being a dick cause i got lucky early on

Just hope you get lucky during a nightfall or i hear of a lot dropping in pvp too

Vanguard roc is your next best option

7. wapntake

wapntake Major General

Got mine about half way and will try and finish it this week, what happens when it's Fully levelled

8. MR Q

Nothing much tbh.
    Once levelled you need an embalming orb you get from Er is morn once you get to level 3 rank

9. wapntake

wapntake Major General

Does the damage get much higher after its fully levelled

10. MR Q

I haven't used it since initially levelling. Not touching it til I get rank 3 with eris

11. wapntake

wapntake Major General

I have quite a way to go to rank 3 yet I'm on about 2 1/4 seems really slow going round.

12. MR Q

Roughly same for me I think. Been spending too much time trying to solo /2 man raid..also trying to level my titan has distracted me somewhat

13. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

I can do the first two parts for you if you need help

14. MR Q

I done first 2 parts easily enough..just slowly figuring 3rd part with screechers or whatever they're called...cheesiness ain't as easy as it used to b :)

15. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

Yeah soloing that part to get the chest is near impossible lol

16. MR Q

I've killed the 2 screechers but that's it..Need me a ghallhorn

17. Dom

Dom under a paleblood sky

As for soloing the 2nd chest in the raid, do this:

shoot the first Shrieker from the starting hall, stay there until the annoying purple seeker shots he releases upon death disappear, then run out and hop on one of the first tombstones on the left. On there you can get a clear view of the second Shrieker while not having to worry about the thralls below you because the cannot hit you.
    Pull out your rocket launcher and take the second shrieker down quickly, then start running down the hallway and jump over the ads. Try not to use a launcher with cluster bombs or Gjalla with Wolfpack rounds as that could kill one of the named exploding thralls below, and that also triggers the door closing most people think (not 100 % confirmed but it seems that is correct).
    If you reach the last part of the hallway and see the door is already closed or closing too fast for you to get in just wipe without running out into the circular area with the hole, that should allow you to try again. As long as you don't get the "new mission" appear on your screen you can just let the thralls kill you and try again from the start.

Once you get into the chest room, if you have more characters and do this with a friend you can have one person wait there and have the other person leave and rejoin with his alts to farm the chest on all characters. The chest only contains radiant mats (unlike the first chest which has a chance to contain any exotic), but seeing as raid gear drops much easier this time and mats are the new bottleneck you can never have enough shards.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  18. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

There won't be any soloing anymore

19. MR Q

Yeah I saw earlier..even the lamps :(

20. NINTM

NINTM General

My tip....

destinypublicevents.com

I don't go out on patrol without it...

21. NINTM

NINTM General

My tip....

destinypublicevents.com

I don't go out on patrol without it...

22. MR Q

Easy one you all probably know about.
    If you get the Bounty to kill 20 ( I think ) hive from behind.
    Go to dark beyond and wake the hive. Once doors open, a load of thrall will chase you. Run to a rock you can jump on and they will run away from you and shoot em from behind. If you need more, jump down and repeat again.
    Like I say an easy one.

23. slowdive1967

slowdive1967 4th Prestige

The Iron Banner starts again on Tuesday 13th Jan 9.00am UK time.

Much more fun than the standard crucible, so get your favorite maxed exotic/legendary weapons ready !!

Hope the rewards are decent this time, they were crap last time round :(

24. Dom

Dom under a paleblood sky

331 Timur's Lash is almost worth it, but considering it will take 10-15 hours again to get to level 5 and this week I don't have that much time, so I'd rather do some raids (done the nightfalls already yesterday) and play a bit of normal crucible if I still have leftover playing time at the end of the week (normal crucible because I tend to get bored of Iron Banner after some hours because of the matches only being control and the maps always being the same).

25. MR Q

Anyone know a good place to farm engrams?
    I saw a video of someone supposedly farming engrams in cosmodrome (where you first spawn for patrol, straight on a bit to the left and wait downstairs for fallen to respawn). Tried this and found it very unreliable.
    Seems atm, van guard roc strikes are only reliable place for me to get sapphire wire /plating.

26. IshTing

IshTing Stuff And Things

Strikes always seem to be the best bet.

27. MR Q

Dats wut I was tinkin.