1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Getting bored quick.

Discussion in 'Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Discussi' started by rc10mike, Nov 20, 2014.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. rc10mike

rc10mike Lieutenant General

It was fun at first, jumping, boosting. Learning maps, trying new guns, perks etc...

Now that I have everything unlocked, played every map, tried every gun...I now find that I have very little desire to KEEP playing this game now.

When I sit back and reflect on my AW experience, these things come to mind in no particular order.

A lot of things in this game are next to useless. I dont even run an Exo ability, Exo launcher, or killstreak (sometimes I run UAV)on most of my classes because I find them all a waste of a slot. An Exo ability may come in handy .01% of the time, but other than that, useless. Exo launcher is the same way. Killstreaks are more useless than in Ghosts, and thats sad.

Only 2 or 3 guns are used in this game. Primary being the BAL, and for good reason, it shits on everything in the game. Most of the weapons in the game are useless against it in almost every situation. I use the BAL but it gets boring using it just to compete due to..........

Skill Based Match Making exists and means that I will always be put into lobbies of "try hard" BAL users.

An enemy can fuck you over at any unexpected moment due to bad spawns combined with the Exo abilities.

At the end of the day, Im not finding the gameplay fun nor rewarding, and Im getting bored quick.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. T-bonecrusher

T-bonecrusher Corporal

I agree completely. I haven't played in a few days simply due to the horrible lag I am experiencing and crap spawns. I dont see me playing this game like past versions.

You are spot on about the guns, streaks, and exo abilities. all pretty much useless. I too run a UAV just for the extra points.

3. Skoolyz0301

Skoolyz0301 Command Sergeant

I used to think it was all about the BAL and AK12 but I have found many of the guns viable if not better. I use the HBR a good bit and do better than most running the BAL. Last night I was running the IMR and was melting people. I have also started to use the SN6 SMG with nice results.

Depending on what game mode you play I can see how exos and nades may seem useless. I find them very useful playing Domination, SnD, and hardpoint

4. Tuff

Tuff Machine Gun Cody

I never use Exo abilities and rarely any streaks beyond UAV. I play a lot of Momentum so I do use the Exo launcher. I use the IMR, BAL, AK12 and HBR. Mostly the BAL though.

5. -FATE-

-FATE- _________

Same with just with the BAL and HBR. I might consider exo abilities if they recharged after a certain amount of time.

6. adolf_hipster

adolf_hipster Major

7. Keef

Keef Ooouusshhhhh!

Maybe this game isnt for you?

8. golfnugget

golfnugget Major General

Bingo.....

When every post he makes is negative about the game, before and after it's release, there is a good chance that the game is not for him.

I'm also kind of sick about hearing how there is no weapon variance, yet the people complaining only really attempt to use the BAL. I haven't used the BAL at all in the game, other than when I run out of ammo and pick it up, and don't feel that I have ever been at a disadvantage in a gun fight because of not using it. If anything I get killed more frequently by the HBRA3 than any other gun in the game.

9. EVERYONEDIES

EVERYONEDIES Lieutenant General

The only thing that makes the BAL what is it is high rate of fire and good hip fire spread. These things wouldn't be a big deal with A the shots guns had better range and/or this is the biggest one is if more then 1 SMG had a 3 shot kill range. The BAL has a 3 shot kill up close but all the SMGs other then the KF5 are 4 shots to kill up close and don't fire that much faster then the BAL.

10. rc10mike

Seems like a cop out response IMO.

Ive played every CoD year in and year out since CoD3...

Yes, at first I hated the ideas behind this game...then I played it and found out it was cool. As I said, Im just getting bored with it already, and I posted some FACTS about the game as to why.

As for lag, I havent really had tooo many issues there, probably because Lag Ops 2 got me used to it..

11. rc10mike

There is a shit-ton of weapon "variance" in this game, the problem is they make 2 or 3 them extremely good at everything and the rest just mediocre or extremely shitty.

12. adianr

adianr Sergeant

There are some great guns in this game the ameli and pytaek have some great variants, I agree though they need to buff the scorestreaks and remove all sniper rifles, only exo I use are stim and overclock

Edit: has any noticed a difference when using danger close with their scorestreaks

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  13. Keef

Keef Ooouusshhhhh!

A cop out response? I'm not here to persuade/force you to play the game, its not my product either. As i said and others have noticed the negativity you post on a daily basis suggests this game isn't for you, which is perfectly fine everybody has different opinions. That or get over the things you dislike and enjoy it for what it is.

14. misterhooper

misterhooper Major General

Some people would rather just complain and demand changes to make them happy instead of just trading the game in and moving on.

It is what it is.

15. Pope Leo VII

Pope Leo VII Colonel

Change your style of play, this version more then ever you have to adjust and make changes in order to succeed and stomp out your enemies.

IF you're finding that the exo abilities and score streaks are useless, you have to seriously reconsider how you are attacking this game.

System hack has to be one of hte funnest score streaks to ever exist. Can only imagine the other players yelling at the screen as thats what I do when its called down upon myself.

Do yoiu play with others. This game more then others you need people watching your back because of the abilitiy to cover ground so quickly.

16. Skoolyz0301

I have a love/hate relationship with System Hack. I love it when my team has it and want to throw my controller through the tv when the other team has it. I could run hardwired but it seems to only get used on my team about 1 every 4 games or so.

17. IshTing

IshTing Stuff And Things

I hate the System Hack. That is all.

18. rc10mike

System Hack is useless.

Im beginning to think that everyone on this forum are big Ali-A and Tmart fans...

19. JMurr11

JMurr11 General

actually I've used the upgraded UAV, system hack, and bombing run to a lot of success. The UAV in tandem with the system hack is very useful. Pretty much everybody that shows on the radar is a free kill due to the massive advantage you have over them on screen quality.

20. rc10mike

Yeah, but Ive never been a fan of these "support" type killstreaks...sure it may seem fair to the more sensitive generation of CoD player, but I would much rather have useful and FUN streaks like the old Chopper Gunner and AC130...the streaks in this game make me want to fall asleep when using them. Fun factor = 0

While they're at it, add in some real gore like limbs and heads exploding like back in WaW. Make the game actually deserve a "M" rating.

Makes me wonder what CoD would be like today if the original IW Team was still around, but I know most people on here dont remember them.

Not to get off topic or anything, but this game is still getting boring quick.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  21. Im Not Very Good

Im Not Very Good Hungry Like The Wolf

Anything positive to say ?

22. Keef

Keef Ooouusshhhhh!

System has Is very affective because it's incredibly annoying and distracting. If you boost it to disable exo Abilities it can be a game winner.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  23. IshTing

IshTing Stuff And Things

Effective* :wink0:

24. -FATE-

-FATE- _________

I disagree. The system hack is probably the most annoying kill streak IMO. Huge distractor and no UAV, Optic or Boost can get someone killed quick.

25. codfish

codfish 1st Prestige

I've been playing every few days. Majority of the time try and get killed early for a supposed higher chance of a supply drop. Leave most of my games usually, play laying down across the room. Just lost all interest although I didn't like the game from the start. Once I get to try a few of the elite variants I'll most likely sell it unless there are some major patches

26. TomOnDuty

TomOnDuty honey badger

I haven't played the game but .

Maybe you should prestige or try some new stuff even if it's not the best , that's what keeps me interested . Your complaining about try hards when you are the poster child for try hard .

I'd use the exo abilities just to complete the challenges associated with them or any other not so good perk or gun , those challenges if they unlock something cool keep me interested .

IMO it sounds like no one is giving the exo abilities a real shot . I'd agree it sounds like a waste of a slot for a good player since it's limited use but for someone like me who dies a lot I have a feeling I'd find a few useful ones .

27. IshTing

IshTing Stuff And Things

But using the other guns would impact my K/D negatively, and that would hurt my image in the CoD world!

28. TomOnDuty

TomOnDuty honey badger

Like I said poster board for try hard .

29. rc10mike

No really, the System Hack is not even a killstreak, its a support streak, and most of the time it gets camped out. Annoying for the other team? Sure. But actually fun and rewarding to use.....not in the least.

Anyway, I dont consider myself a try-hard. The fact is Im an experienced casual player. I like to use different weapons based on the map or how I feel like playing at the moment ie: Rushing or defensive. I havent really sniped since MW2 though..

The problem is, almost everything besides the BAL is useless. Try using an LMG, Shotgun, or semi-auto in this game and be successful consistently....you simply cant.

It blows my fucking mind you guys accept this fact and just shrug it off, it really does!

Do you guys really want to use 1 gun for the next year?!?!?! Or would you rather have them make the other guns a little better?

30. DD

DD Devildriver

The bal has been nerfed so you can start being happy now and spread some positive vibes around here.
    If you keep feeling angry then I advise you to sell the game before the value is gone.

31. Skoolyz0301

I consider it a killstreak. Do you know how many people in this game can't play without a HUD. This is the same reason why I run scramble and threat with my UAV. Super easy kills with people just running around like they are lost.

I use the Pytaek LMG with the SAC3 with overkill and do really well. The Pytaek will hold its own at distance and the SAC3 is pretty good in CQC.

There are plenty of guns I do well with...AK12, HBR, IMR, KF5, SN6, SAC3. Too many people watch youtube and drink the kool-aid. I work BAL users with the IMR and HBR all the time.

If you don't like the game (which is obvious by repeated negative posts) thats fine but the BAL is not the dominate gun you make it out to be and killstreaks work awesome if you add some upgrades to the base model.

32. TomOnDuty

TomOnDuty honey badger

I'll buy it from you if you have for ps4

33. codfish

codfish 1st Prestige

Time is running down haha I'm guessing Black Friday is when anyone who hasn't purchased the game will be for the most part. I honestly don't like the game but play it differently than I did previous CODs, I've lost a lot of interest in the series after Ghosts so I just pop it in and play it for a bit rage free. To me the this and Ghosts weren't worth raging about. While I dislike both, this game at least isn't boring like Ghosts was and that's the reason I'll keep it for a bit despite not enjoying it much. With future patches I could end up enjoying it more but am hoping for a bit more substance to be added and an improvement in connection. I can't knock the developers too hard since they at least tried to be innovative with this game, Ghosts it was like they rolled over and died it was terribly boring.

34. Black Oops

Black Oops Major General

I agree I like the game, its better then Ghost and MW3, but its just lacking something I can't put my finger on. The Guns are on point I like them. Killstreaks are short and bland and the maps leave a lot to be desired. I play the game, but not like Black Ops 1 or 2 or MW2....The game took a chance with the exo suits, but played it safe in almost every other aspect. I will give COD one more chance, IMO Treyarch makes the best COD games.

35. rc10mike

Still wish I could see total players online....thats the one Statistic that proves if this game is failing. They took it out for a reason

36. codfish

codfish 1st Prestige

The game is a step backwards with the exception of the Exo suits. They half assed it. They could have incorporated so much more into the game to make it interesting. Everything added is pretty tacky. I like the variant idea a lot but don't like how it was implemented, hopefully the next COD will use something along those lines and do it better. For me it still comes down to feeling like I'm playing against a bunch of bots. Because there's so little that adds to player interaction I might as well be. As I'm typing this I have my controller set down and have died twice because stats just don't matter. It takes away from wanting to improve and also takes away from the fun of seeing who you are matched with in lobbies. I'm not going to put much effort into this game because there's zero chance Exo abilities are in the next COD, it's just going to end up throwing people off next year with muscle memory so I don't bother using it anyway, not a fan of the Exo suit. I got over it in a few days while giving credit to SH for trying something new, they still went half assed with everything else while trying to hide their flaws.

37. Black Oops

Black Oops Major General

I agree 100 percent with you. This game played it to safe and left a lot of creativity out, and try to mask it with the exo suit abilities. When I first stated this members on here said "if the game didnt take a chance, why did they add exo suits" I wasn't referring to the exo suits, I was talking about the rest of the game, the killstreaks, the maps, spawns. These are some of the worse maps. Reason I like Treyarch is their ability to give each map its own personality and vibrant color and sistinction, ever the bad maps

38. Keef

Keef Ooouusshhhhh!

If there going to do something they need to make a new engine and stop polishing the Quake engine.. I'd be interested to see how it would play then.

39. Mojo

Mojo 8th Prestige

Indeed, dat tidal wave :lol: Next Gen right there

40. TomOnDuty

TomOnDuty honey badger

You only use one gun cause the others you won't play good .

You use the same load out .

Everything is unfair and needs to change .

You complain about your random teammates

Your worried about your KD to the point you won't try other things .

I'd say that's the definition of try hard .