1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

I Love Camping.

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Discussion' started by n0izef0x, Dec 5, 2011.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

Camping these days, is a dirty word.

That's because we have images of a player sat behind a box/bin/crate with an LMG mowing down anyone that walks past or a guy with a Barratt 50cal sat on a nigh-on impossible to get to roof gaining headshot after headshot.

I love camping, but unfortuntely for me I am lumped in with this category of player. A kind of player that most people hate, due to the kill-streak ending capacitiy of their very being!

I'll use an example - On the 'village' map there is a walkway down to 'T' junction near the caves with a waterfall. There's a small patch of grass on a knoll overlooking this, in full view of anyone that may walk past. I will wait for up to 3-4 mins at a time here for enemies to walk past before I get a good kill or 2 and then relocate. In the meantime, whilst waiting, I'll use the launcher to take down any support aircraft that come by. I call in regular support (ballistic vests, UAV's, etc) for my team and I am generally a pretty good support/team player.

I don't think camping should have a bad name as it does, especially on MW3. As you all know, the maps have been specifically designed to prevent 'game' camping (Hell, even I wont sit in one place death-after-death-after-death, that's just stupid.)

This is the kind of gameplay I like to play. My main pray are the 'rushers' - personally which I think is pretty stupid, but that's just me. I think it's this type of player that really complains the most about campers. I thought I'd just offer my two cents.

I don't take it too seriously either - I play for fun, I don't get pissy if someone knifes me in the back when I'm lying in a doorway or on said grassy knoll - Good for them, they spotted me and killed me before I could even see them :) Those that get stressy about this kind of thing? Jeez, chill out a bit. It's only a game!

PS - I'm not claiming to be great, my K/D ratio is piss-poor, but I have a fun time playing and actually seem to be getting better and better. ^^

• I like I like x 1
  2. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

I might note too - I am refering to hardscoping when I talk about sniping. I'm really not very good at quickscoping at all, I tried it, It just didn't work for me and the times it did I felt like I didn't really deserve the kill..

3. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

And you are what's wrong with this game. Players like you, terrible players, are what they cater to now. Thank you for ruining gaming for the hardcore, good players.

4. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

You mean 'social' players like me? People that have a life outside of gaming?

I have yet to hear a decent reason why this form of play is so bad.

I'm just playing a sniper type character at the moment. I'll try other ones later, I'm sure..

5. ForeverCarefree

ForeverCarefree The Long Goodbye

To each their own.... All I will say is that you're not going to see your game improve by staying stationery all the time.

You seem to be refering to your tactic whilst playing TDM.... What the main gripe with campers is (my included) is those who sit in one spot trying to pick off kills whilst playing objective based games.

6. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

I think I'm getting to the limit of how far this can take me on a skill level.

I couldn't agree more on the objective thing though, that's a bit lame. I mainly play TDM (I seem to get insta-pwned playing things like hardcore as soon as the game starts >_< )

7. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

No I don't mean all social players. I'm talking about the shitbag mcgee's like yourself who play like a complete shithead. Quit playing the game since you just ruin it for anybody who feels like running around the map. Like I said, players like you are ruining the online FPS genre and have completely killed off aggressive gameplay. Just go back to Gamestop and sell the game back cause nobody wants your sorry ass on the game.

8. Udl4real

Udl4real 2nd Lieutenant

I used to play like a pussy just like you. then I found out you never get good if you don't get out there and move. And your reaction gets better.

9. Razor777

Razor777 A pretty princess.

I like playing against different styles such as rushers, campers, quick scopers, zone players - anything.

It means there is something new so you have to adapt your style, if everyone played the same way it would be boring. So you keep camping and I'll try and find a way to kill you :D

• I like I like x 1
  10. Scouse

Scouse Activison Ambassador

Dirty camping faggot.

11. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

I happen to not like people running around the map or rushing, but you don't see me crying about it. I'll call you a WAAAAMUBLENCE and leave to you play with your friends after school, right?

It's a legitimate tatic and MW3 has been set up to make sniping, let alone camping hard. This is fact.

Ps. For future reference, we don't have gamestop in the UK.

12. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

Short, but sweet.

13. sweaty groat

sweaty groat Yorkshire Scum

Guys,be cool or its locked.

To the op,making camping threads on a mw3 forum is pretty stupid,are you wanting a reaction from all of us?

14. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

^ This. This is exactly how I feel. Completely agreed :D

15. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

Honestly, not so much.

I can understand why people are upset if their 18 death killstreak doesn't happen due to someone sitting and waiting for shot, I just really wanted to ascertain a *good* reason why people dislike it so much?

Sure. It's multiplayer gaming on 'easy' setting but the 'rewards' aren't that great either, but I've saved many of my team getting shot up through my style of play and I'd say it's valuable to have at least one person in a team that does this.

16. ForeverCarefree

If every player on both teams found a nice quiet spot to sit down in not moving waiting for someone to run past to pick off for an easy kill every single game would end a 0-0 draw.

This is why people do not like camping.

17. xArcanx

xArcanx Sergeant

I have to disagree with it being "easy mode". I camp a shitload, and I rack up tons of kills. If you're holding down a defensible position, I don't see how that's called camping. It's called common-fucking-sense. Sure, I could be mobile and a totally rad cool guy while traipsing through a choke point, or I could play it smart and win the game.

Not only do I camp and rack up tons of kills, but I also play objectively. I drop Ballistic Vests for my team, tag enemies with the Recon Drone and EMP enemy shit out of the sky.

Now, my definition of camping is probably different. There's that area on Hardhat between the A and B flags, in the corner of the map. Got a great line of sight to both A and B, making it easy to defend. Though it requires a bit of running around. Yeah. That's where I'm usually at 99% of the time. A well-placed semtex or Javelin would easily kill anyone defending from that spot.

tl;dr - I love campers. I love being a camper. I love having campers on my team, because it's like having a gun buddy that won't get distracted by the pretty flowers and run off aimlessly.

18. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

Fair play- I'm glad some players can see the value in this too. I was confused at why people took so much flak on this and other forums? I'm getting better at it too, I feel pretty chuffed when I take out 3 or 4 people in one go, especially from the other side of the map, especially when it's in collaboration with my team who flush them out.

19. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

I agree totally, but this is why TDM needs a variety of players, including campers.

20. Razor777

I can't camp to save my life (literally on MW3) but I do see the benefit of camping especially in some objective games where you can throttle down access paths to 'goal points' effectively turning them into choke points.

Personally I just run about like a mad man or do zone playing (staying in one area of the map) as it's my most enjoyable form of play.

21. xArcanx

xArcanx Sergeant

To be honest, I'm not against rushing or anything like that.

And let's face it, you people with more aggressive gameplay need us campers. How thrilling is it for you to sneak up into a group of campers and just decimate every single person?

22. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

See, it's people like you that kill people like me XD

People like me kill people like you from afar, but it's when you stumble on people like me.. we die :)

Hell, #1 of sniping (ESPECIALLY when there's a killcam involved!) is RELOCATE after every kill. or maybe 2. ;)

23. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

hahaha YES!

The amount of times i've sat and watched the kill cam as someone walks up behind me and changes weapons before getting the perfect headshot or sticks semtex on my ass.

24. ForeverCarefree

It's all about context.

If I'm playing demolition and the enemy have destroyed one of the bomb sites, the chances are I will stick near the remaining bomb site to defend it but not by just sitting in a dark corner.

What the gripe with camping is, is that this style of play is dependant on others being mobile and exploiting that.

It is a lazy way of picking of kills and IMO should not be applied as your only means contributing.

25. Shotgun883

Shotgun883 Colonel

In FFA i tend to run around like a madman, but Zonal defence, if anyone enters my AO i will punish them, however what most people hate is a guy prone, looking down his sights waiting for people to run by. YAWN.

I dont expect to build up massive kill streaks, my average good game score is around 30-10, i might get a 6-7 kill streak but i make my name on those 3-4's. So campers dont infuriate me, they are a challenge to be irradicated, a little camper justice and some teabagging goes along way to ease my pain.:icon_hungry:

There is a complete sense of amazement when i get slotted by someone, Spawn on the other side of them map, come back 5 mins later and he's still there, going 11-2. Well done mate. Congrats. PRAT. :banghead: What are you looking to do, everyone starts cod by camping but you have to move on and start learning how to actually play the game.

Also there is nothing more infuriating than playing SnD, getting killed and watching the rest of the offensive round with 3 guys all with AR's or Snipers camping their asses off in their own spawn, for a minute waiting for the defence to get bored ad kil themselves. Bomb in hand, Dic:mj::mj:k in the other

26. Razor777

That cliff top in 'Village' - orgasmic when you get 3 campers looking towards the village entrance and you are quietly approaching via the dry riverbed.. I've never seen so much rage quitting in my life. :lol:

27. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

I see your point - What other was (as a sniper, and without 'quickscoping') would you suggest?

28. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

I know the one you mean. I generally steer clear of there, as there's not even any cover!

One of the best kills there I ever had was a few nights ago, I sneaked up next to the guy prone off the cliff and lay next to him for a good 20-30 seconds before he realised I was there and freaked out. I knifed him before he even had a chance XD

29. Jesse

Jesse Commander

So why haven't they made it so you spontaneously combust if you don't move atleast 10 feet for every 15 seconds yet?

30. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

I am REALLY glad they haven't.

31. Jesse

Jesse Commander

That's because you're a terrible player that would never get a single kill ever.

32. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

Not everyone has to run around like they're playing Quake 3 Arena.

33. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

No one has asked to run around like its Quake Arena. We simply ask that no one sits in an obscure camping spot and play like a shit bag all game long. As long as you are moving it is fine, but playing the way you describe yourself as playing is one of the main issues with this game.

34. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

I relocate after every kill (mostly) - I'd end up with HUGE negative K/D because of the killcam + revenge killstreak otherwise.

Generally I'm near where the team is on TDM as it's far too risky to sit by yourself. Besides, when people see them, they come out the woodwork.

All game long? I hate that too.

35. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

Rule Number 1 for playing TDM: Stay as far away from your teammates as humanely possible. Never trust those green arrows. 2) You will NEVER get better by playing the way you do with the get a kill camping, then relocate to another obscure corner.

Either learn to get better or quit playing because players like you are the bane of online gaming.

36. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

So you keep saying. Skip to the end.

Maybe if you played with more of a team attitude you wouldn't keep getting picked off by snipers.

37. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

If you are sitting for 2-3 min at a time you aren't playing the game right. That's not camping that's taking a nap.

38. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

I think I have been killed by about 40 different snipers. Campers on the other hand....

39. n0izef0x

n0izef0x 1st Lieutenant

I lol'ed. Touche, sir.

My only critcisim would be, if it's not playing the game 'right' then a) why do they let you do it (depsite making it harder to do..) and b) why is it semi-effective? :)

40. xArcanx

xArcanx Sergeant

I think half the people who are "anti-camper" aren't really pissed off at the campers themselves, but rather their own inability to think creatively. Or, alternatively, if you know a camper is holding down a position - hey, idea - Don't give them the satisfaction and go find someone else to kill.

• I like I like x 1