1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. Unless you're playing certain objective modes they suck. Personally I hon't like them then either. In 3+ days of playing BO I've been hit by 1 mortar.

What's the deal? Does anyone prefer this kill streak?

2. M-Wolf

M-Wolf Sergeant

Honestly? I love mortar. With combination with spy plane it's easy to get a few kills. I never get kills with napalm so I prefer mortar.

3. DasBear

DasBear Sergeant Major

A friend of mine uses mortars & always get 2-6 kills with it.

4. Are you guys playing FFA and TDM or objectives like Headquarters and Search and Destroy? Who knows, I might have good Mortar-avoidance juju. :)

5. ssdd

ssdd Major General

^ Your friend must constantly play Nuketown. Personally, even in objective game modes the mortars just take too long to hit, by the time they do, the objective / flags already been captured. Doh.

6. purehatred89

purehatred89 Silverback of the Pack

If I get them from Care Packages, I'll stick them in well known balconies/chokepoints/spawnpoints and hope for the best. My best was 4 kills in Summit :D I only play TDM.

7. Skins_fan82

Skins_fan82 Lieutenant General

i like using mortars on objective basd games, and i try to wait until there's a spy plane up. I try to anticipate where the enemy might be headed. Plus, you have to compensate for the 5 second dealy between calling them in and when they actually fall.

I have a fileshare on my PS3 account where I got 11 kills in 8 seconds with mortars. 3-triple kills and a double. Nuketown of course. :D

8. Maybe I've underestimated them...

9. sweaty groat

sweaty groat Yorkshire Scum

I think they only work well on the smaller maps where the spawns are predictable,normally i run 3,4,5 killstreaks these days as choppers get shot down all the time:(

10. Skins_fan82

i don't think you have. to be a 6-killstreak, they are kinda weak.

unless you're on a small map like, i usually only get 2 kills with mortars, max.

But mortars on nuketown and firing range, you're usually guaranteed at least 4-5 kills if you place them right.

11. Press1forEnglish

Press1forEnglish Colonel

I used to use the mortar team a lot, It's a cool reward but I have less kills with it than times used :(

I think people know where to run when they hear it called in on the radio.

It should be a 4 point strike with a better blast radius.

12. Violator234

Violator234 Colonel

You can get more kills with a RC-XD.

13. Skins_fan82

sad, but probably true LOL.

Mortars are cool in the sense that you rain down the ownage from the sky, but definitely not worth a 6-killstreak. hell, i'd even argue that mortars could be a 4 or 5 killstreak...

14. l0l mArCus l0l

l0l mArCus l0l General

mortars are best for Domination + DEMO + Small Maps.

15. Press1forEnglish

Press1forEnglish Colonel

One of the last times I used them was on Launch. I put them all on B but I forgot the rocket didn't take off yet lol

fail.

16. Skins_fan82

LOL!!

i agree that they're best used for domination. There's nothing like putting mortars over an owned flag, and then hear "losing B" right after you called them in. Flak Jacket ain't gonna help 'em. :D

17. seauouch

seauouch Recruit

I don't think mortars or napalm should give any notice to the enemy as to when they are incoming. I very, very rarely die to either of these kill streaks & only on a map like jungle. It's too easy to find shelter 99% of the time before they land.

No notice or a notice 2 seconds before landing would give these kill streaks a much needed boost.

18. Skins_fan82

that's a good idea. especially with mortars. you get a good 5 seconds after the announcement before they start impacting. plenty of time to get to cover.

19. YeOldeSchooler

YeOldeSchooler 2nd Lieutenant

I used to love motars but now everyone knows how to avoid them.

20. l0l mArCus l0l

l0l mArCus l0l General

off topic for a slight second ...

am i the only one that thinks the napalm strike should be able to get shot down? Keep their same approaching speed but if a person is lucky enough to see them coming in from the horizon and have a strela they should be able to shoot them down.

I think that would be a great idea.

21. l0l mArCus l0l

l0l mArCus l0l General

oh ...one other quick OT question ...

I never tried it ... but can mortars be shot out of the sky by SAM turrets? If not should they?

22. Skins_fan82

No, and no.

The mortars themselves are the size of footballs, no way they could be shot down by a SAM. lol.

23. Ofc Friendly

Ofc Friendly Recruit

I fire them on high traffic areas and especially when they're getting a care package.