1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

New Patch 12-9-2011

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Discussion' started by sspun13, Dec 9, 2011.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. sspun13

sspun13 Major General

Where do you guys get the info on what was patched? Just got d/c from a game and had to download an update.

2. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

They don't give out patch notes because IW are piss chuggers. We only know what they tell us on Twitter. As far as we know, they didn't do anything.

3. sspun13

sspun13 Major General

what's their twitter account that they release info on?

4. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

@fourzerotwo

You can also check their official forums, but I have found them to be really cluttered, nothing like the ones here.

5. Keef

Keef Ooouusshhhhh!

TU6 update was released today. The update did the following:
    Fix Melee Jump, Clan tag validation (removes button clantags) Improve host migration, prevent stat loss.

6. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

Yay so it did nothing that people have been screaming at the devs about for weeks? Awesome. Melee Jump? Haven't seen it in one of my games, saw a YT vid though. Clan Tags, if they take away my bj4$ clan tag I will be angry.... Improve Host Migration, Something important sounding so it looks like they did something useful. Prevent Stat Loss, this is actually a big thing, lets see them permanently fix it.

7. ForeverCarefree

ForeverCarefree The Long Goodbye

So nothing on the FMGs then... great, have to put up with a few more weeks of the most powerful gun on the game being a secondary.....

8. Scouse

Scouse Activison Ambassador

wrong again

402 released patched notes.

Theres a two threads on here with them on

also one on COD.com.

9. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

You and I have different opinions on what a "patch note" is. You just want them to tell you what they did like the generic "improved host migration". I don't like them doing something so generic like that. I want them to actually tell us what they improved to make the host migration work better than planned. Generic doesn't fly with me. When they say "we nerfed the FMG9's". Ok, what all about them did you nerf? When they do what they do now, we the gamers have to go and find out what exactly they did. I want them to tell us exactly what they did so us console gamers have the same privilege as PC gamers who know exactly what they are downloading.

10. Keef

Keef Ooouusshhhhh!

Ino what you mean but Fourzerotwo said he wont go into that much detail. I would like them to say exactly what they did not programme talk or anythig just a simple explanation on what is different. For instance Fourzerotwo actually gave a brief explantion of what is happening to the Type 95 which is what we want to know. As far as im aware the Nerfing of FMGS and Type will be in the next patch.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  11. Scouse

yer like there going to tell you that......................

12. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

Other developers do..... Hell even Treyarch told us what they did when they would fix weapons and fourzerotwo has already stated that they are too big of piss chuggers to tell us what they fix, if anything.

13. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

Lol you are so creative ohyeah.
    Why would they take plinkers clan tag away?

14. Scouse

button clan tags are gone.

15. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

So wait I see nothing about a lag latency/compensation fix

16. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

Did you expect them to do something productive? Hahahah IW hath trolled you.

17. gavimac

gavimac General

One thing you know.

If they're updating and changing the game, they should tell you exactly what they're changing so you know what is going on with the game that you payed good money for. You can be biased all you want but that is a simple fact. They should show that respect to their customers.

18. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

What I expected is that they fix the main problem before they fix all the minor shit. Host migrations? I've had maybe 2 fail in almost 4 days game time.

I also see nothing about spawn tweaks.

Thanks iw for making up wait a month so you can fix absolutely nothing

19. Major Exaggeration

Major Exaggeration Master Sergeant

Yeah, my game will be gone tonight. I am not waiting any longer for them to fix this. Gonna pick up Skyrim and Forza 4.

20. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

Skyrim kinda sucks....

21. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

Skyrim is a lot of fun.

Ohyeah is cranky this morning let him be

22. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

23. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

I think it looks great. There are frame rate drops where it gets choppy but that doesn't last long.
    I hated the combat at first but now it's one of my favorite aspects.

You don't hVe to accept every little side mission along the way I have just ignored many and picked what I found to be a more interesting quest.

I thought this game is very lord of the rings like and that's what I enjoy is the fantasy aspect of it.

And the main mission is bad? Yeah killing dragons and absorbing their powers is such a drag couldn't they have made the dragon in a thong bikini to spice things up a little bit?

OT: did 402 actually announce anything? People have downloaded this patch already? How is it working?

24. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

I just feel they could have done a hell of a lot better job with the game. I'm not gonna deny that its fun, it is very fun, but it just has fundamental flaws I don't expect in a AAA title. It really doesn't deserve the perfect scores its getting from reviewers. Most reviewers just go "Ooooh pretty graphics, dragons!!!!, 10 out of 10!!!".

25. Scouse

no there still talking about it, expect it to get fixed some time between now and nov next year.

If its any thing like oblivion, i'd be a sleep in seconds.

bored me to death.

26. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

I never played oblivion or the others and I'm having fun with skyrim so much to do. So many places to see. So many missions inside each place.

Lol yeah I expect that next patch to be released November 7th of 2012

27. Fauxost

Fauxost Major General

That's what's wrong with this forum. A thread about an Mw3 update turned into a Skyrim discussion.

28. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

I was still making on topic comments but thanks for not adding anything at all.

29. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

God forbid we talk about anything other than your precious MW3. The discussion about the useless update is in the first 2 pages. Here's all you need to know about it: They supposedly fixed the stat loss thing and thats anything of note in this update. Expect the next one 2 years from now when MW4 comes out. We're still in the beta phase you know? MW2 was the alpha for MW4.

30. Scouse

same game m8 as skryim, I got out of the dungeon, looked round for a bit, I actually fell a sleep with the pad in my hand i was that bored. Never buying one again.

Well at least the clan tags have been sorted.

doubt they'll be a 4, I think IW will die now if I'm honest.

31. ForeverCarefree

I reckon there's only one more more CoD title left in the series in truth.

When is the next gen of consoles expected to be announced? Generally a console has roughly a 6 or 7 year life span before the next is released.... Whatever the new consoles may offer I think the FPS genre is something that would benefit most from new technology injecting something fresh into it.

32. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

I think iw is passing the torch to sledgehammer and raven

33. Scouse

I would have to agree, I think IW is done. The studio will probably merge with was 3rch or sledgehammer I think.

34. wheresmark

wheresmark General

Skyrim is epic! Fully deserves the 10/10's.... the framerate lag has been fixed in the patch :/

Yeah they should tell us all detials of what exactly has been changed, atleast to the level that 3arc did , ''Famas recoil increased left centre 6% etc''

I reckon there might be 2 more cod titles left in atleast. It all depends how MW4 (if its called that) fairs really.

Next Gen consoles? Sony have confirmed that there's won't be for a few years, and why would it? they games sony currently run only use about 30% of the machines capabilites and the disks are only about 30-60% full. Microsoft however, I would think will be making a new console as the games have reached the limits of the machines capabilities and now often need 2/3 disks.

New gen consoles will be good for FPS... but what really needs to happen is for internet speeds to increase world wide. Say in 10 years when everyone has 30mbps as a standard internet speed, online FPS will be alot more playable.

35. IshTing

IshTing Stuff And Things

There will be more cod titles, as our generation is getting fed up with it, a new generation is beginning to play.

I think Microsoft are planning a new console for 2013, the new Nintendo was announced a while back, but Sony say they will stick to a 10 year life span, so 2016 we should see the ps4.

36. ForeverCarefree

Fibre optic cables are the way forward as they offer a much smoother internet connection with better download speeds, I don't know about in the US but over here in the UK I think I read somewhere that at present only around 30% of households can actually get fibre optic connections at present.

37. crazy-bad

crazy-bad Lieutenant General

I have my money on the planned patch release date being December 22, 2012.

38. wheresmark

wheresmark General

@ Ohyeah just read some of that article slating skyrim.

It's nearly all bullshit lol

''Why is the combat as clunky and shallow in Skyrim as it was in Morrowind over a decade ago?''

This guy has obviously never played either, Morrowind was clunky and awful and just shit shit shit combat. Skyrim is much more immersive, and is the best first person sword combat I've played.

''The world may be larger and more elaborately crafted'' it's actually the smallest world so far, much smaller than the morrowind he was referring to.

Lovely graphics are great, but a beautiful game with broken and boring game mechanics isn't enjoyable

Just not true, it's immersive and fun, the same with the storyline which he slates.
    It's going to win the GOTY because critics voted for it, everyone has different opinions and different likes, this is a game critic who just doesnt like it, it seems that 95% of other critics disagree with him ;)

39. Aaron

Aaron 4th Prestige

Whatever. I agree with him though. My main complaints are the fact that the main storyline just isn't something I feel like going through. It feels to me that Bethesda took more time creating endless fetch quests than they did creating an immersive main quest. And probably the biggest complaint from me is the UI. As an experienced RPG player I know that the UI is everything and Skyrim has a very pretty UI, but it just fucking sucks. Its clunky and inefficient.

That was the only review I could find that pointed out the obvious flaws in the game that other reviewers didn't. Most reviewers just go pretty graphics 10/10, GOTY.

You can't ignore the fact that the menus suck and are a pain to navigate and you can't ignore the fact that Bethesda would much rather you do a million fetch quests than do the main story.

Like the reviewer said, when people are bragging about how they are taking so long to do the main quest, that isn't a good thing. That just means your main quest isn't intriguing enough for players to do.

Edit: I like the game. It is fun. Game of the Year? Not even close. I would give it a solid 7/10.

40. Scouse

xbox 3 geting announced at E3 2012.

EA
    COD Studios
    and few others already have dev units of the new xbox, though they are only on PC cases.