1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. i've been playing a bit and i think i've gone almost a whole day without seeing a single swastika.

anyone else noticed this? did they ban these people, or erase their emblems? i don't hope people got banned but i do hope treyarch took some action.

2. Wickam

Wickam Corporal

Yeah I had one to troll around on german servers but after being kicked (and maybe banned) from at least 3 S&D I decided to remove it and putting a Awesome smiley face

3. Concept

Concept Major General

They erase emblems, and give them a trial waiting period. I believe after 5 days, they let them have it back, and it goes up to 2 weeks, and after that, perma emblem ban.

4. RoTide

RoTide Captain

MS has stated they will ban your XBLive account for using them.

"Stephen Toulouse is the director of policy and enforcement for Xbox Live, and he does not have an easy job. The latest tempest in a teapot came when a gamer asked via Twitter if it's ok to have a swastika as your emblem in Call of Duty: Black Ops. Toulouse responded that no, that is not okay, and would result in a ban."

"Xbox Live is a service with specific Terms of Use, so you have to abide by Microsoft's rules, or you don't get to play."

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/11/xbox-live-the-swastika-is-not-open-for-debate.ars

5. DasBoot123

DasBoot123 Master Sergeant

I still do not get this obsession with swastikas.

6. Larm

Larm Sergeant

Ppl who don't know history always use ignorance as evidence as a crime!

They wouldn't be in the "game" if no one in programming HQ hadn't thought or used them in test!

The flag was used for 1933 til 1945 for evil and for thousands of years prior to this as a perfectly accepted flag of a tribe/nation!

U wil be saying nova gas is like the final solution nxt? Hope there is no shower blocks in the game cause that wil be auschwitz!!

Do a bit of reading in a thing called a book befor u read and believe ur first google search!

7. RoTide

RoTide Captain

Not sure who you're replying to, but the history of the symbol and your opinion on the matter are pretty much moot.

MS has stated that using a swastika in your card is going to get you a ban.

Just don't do it.

8. Larm

Larm Sergeant

If u say so it must be true!

Don't cook a grenade in ur hand and run into enemies as then ur a suicide bomber!

Know my history mate and been all round the front lines and graveyards in Europe and Africa!

The flag don't offend me and I find it hard not to cry during the last post! And yes I know that relates more to ww1 than ww2 like the flag does!!

Let's ban everything!!

9. RoTide

RoTide Captain

Who said we should ban everything (besides you)? MS stated they don't want you to use the swastika. End of Story.

Just don't do it.

I didn't say so, MS did. Check the source.

10. General xBreezy

General xBreezy Major General

People are always going to find some type of sex, racist, immature symbol to put in their card...simple as that...

Im just glad I dont have that guys job because I would be going INSANE!!

11. Larm

Larm Sergeant

Haha makes me piss u all living in the past!

Ever heard of moving on with ur life!

Let's stay bitter and twisted for a few more thousand years of religious war and hatred!

12. RoTide

RoTide Captain

I can see you're trying really hard to troll this thread.

MS will ban you for using a swastika in your COD.BO PlayerCard. Accept that and move on. Your opinion is irrelevant and won't change the punishment.

13. Larm

Larm Sergeant

Ok let's move onto the st.goerges cross, how many countries have we invaded, wiped out, installed our way of thinking and then said sorry too?

Well we did have one of the biggest empires/commonwealths, so I imagine they will be reporting our offensive flags,

Trying to get to why ur so offended by a game and a flag!

For gods sake don't watch discovery or history channel cause they ain't got a report feature for all the times they show the flag,

The saying is

We will remember

Lest we forget

So if it was so offence then it would of been wiped from all record books like the Egypt did!

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy Corporal

To quote the Janitor Mop: "Dude, take your meds..."

You're the only one making a big deal out of this.

But I'll say this: The Swastika symbols was widely used in eastern religions such as buddhism or hinduism. The people of say.... India, China or Pakistan relate to this symbol in a spiritual way. Unlike say... the CoD community, which consists mostly of Western culture people, who associate it with the Hakenkreuz. Don't need to tell you what that represents, I guess. So people who have it in their emblems are neither cool, nor rebels, but pathetic and show a lack of respect and/or understanding.

It's all about context.

15. RoTide

RoTide Captain

No one is arguing for or against it and no one is offended.

Simple statement: MS will ban you for using a swastika.

Move on.

16. Larm

Larm Sergeant

Not upset mate just filling time till the home bell rings!

Find it all funny!

Oh no not MS!!

Really!

17. Larm

Larm Sergeant

That's all I said to begin wit! Used fancy words which may of confussed sum!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

U have to try and see things from both sides befor u believe the truth!

18. Sjolten

Sjolten Command Sergeant

Why is nobody complaining about the swastikas in Zombie mode? Pretty much every zombie has one...

19. RoTide

RoTide Captain

Irrelevant.

Those are in context to the area/era the experience takes place in. In short, it's accurate to the period the level is set in.

Your playercard is not a game level and it's not in a context MS agrees with.

Microsoft XBox Live + PlayerCard + Swastika = Ban

Accept it.

20. Mr Happy

Mr Happy Corporal

Aaaah, now I get it... you're drunk.

21. RoTide

RoTide Captain

He's a kid posting pro-swastika-use-in-playercard comments on a gaming forum while in school.

Not much else left to say.

22. Larm

Larm Sergeant

I get paid for this nonsense mate at work til half four!

Seems ur knowledge is short sighted and moot

23. RoTide

RoTide Captain

Interesting, so they use "home bells" at work?

Pay attention to your teachers and learn something. Some day you'll be charged with voting and otherwise contributing to society.

24. Bytemycookies

Bytemycookies Master Sergeant

I think the swastika is a historic symbol and a cool looking one at that. Do you think all the Nazis were evil ? No they were an army led by a evil man, after Obama leaves will the American flag be banned by Microsoft? Lol :D

25. jonnyblaze

jonnyblaze Sergeant

In this thread:

Immature teenager that thinks he knows history, and doesn't understand simple cultural concepts, trolling this thread.

Nothing to see here, stop feeding the troll and move along.

26. Xgr0uchX

Xgr0uchX Recruit

Go study some history books...... please. If you can't/wont do that, then please get yourself fixed so you don't pollute the gene pool:cool:

27. iSmellUFromHere

iSmellUFromHere 2nd Lieutenant

I assume you will only get banned if someone on XBL reports you. Theres no way they will sift through every single player card.

28. RoTide

RoTide Captain

Probably true, but if you have an obviously against-the-rules playercard, which swastika's are now, I, as well as many others, will report you. It only takes a few quick button presses and the report is logged.

29. iSmellUFromHere

indeed, its gonna suck when timmy has to explain to his mommy why his XBL account got banned.

personally i think this is dumb.(even tho i dont use a swastika). How is microsoft gonna say you cant use a symbol even if it does represent horrible things. THE GAME IS ABOUT SLAUGHTERING ASIANS

30. RoTide

RoTide Captain

Simple answer. Their house, their rules. If someone doesn't like them, they are free to leave.

31. Jonjey

Jonjey Colonel

I just don't get it, go play W@W, that game has swatstikas and nazi flags and symbols everywhere, but if someone in BO puts it in their emblem it's saying that they hate jewish people and think they should be obliterated from the earth? No, I think they just thought it was a widely recognized symbol, a cool looking symbol, and an easy emblem to make, therefore for anyone with a backbone, something to put in their emblem. It's not like they have an emblem of a jewish person hanging from a tree and a fire underneath and a person resembling hitler standing there... People need to get a backbone.

Note; I probably just spawned way too many evil hitler emblems. :/

32. Take that Deagle

Take that Deagle Sergeant

Seeing as the Swastika is a Hindu Peace Symbol, I don't think it should be disallowed.

33. RoTide

RoTide Captain

How hard is it for people to understand that using a swastika is against the rules. Breaking the rules gets you punished. It doesn't matter what your opinion and/or reasoning is behind using a swastika. If you don't want to follow MS's rules, you are free to leave (or get banned, whichever comes first).

34. Take that Deagle

Seeing as the Swastika is not is not in any way offensive to a large group of people, the rule is wrong.

35. Exist

Exist ᴇᶍᴉᶊᵵᴇᴎᵵᴉᴀᶅ ᴛᴇᶉᶉᴏᶉ

Is it? I must've missed that.

I'm impressed by how many times you've had to repeat that.

36. iSmellUFromHere

what if i make a swastika out of penises? is that ok? what about the Hilal e Ehmer aka the islamic symbol can i make that with the two towers in the background and people falling out of a burning building. thats ok but a swastika is not. I think microsoft underestimates some of these people. They dont realize that by telling them that they cant use a swastika, these people will come up with other more offensive junk to put on their playercards.

before you tell me blah blah blah you can leave. GET THIS im not advocating the swastika in any way. im just saying, there are worse things that people can put on their playercards.

inb4 blah blah blah if you dont like it leave or get a ban

37. RoTide

RoTide Captain

Your opinion is irrelevant.

Microsoft's house, their rules. Follow them or enjoy the consequences.

You guys don't seem to understand that this isn't a debate you can win. Hell, it's not even a debate. They made a rule and seem intent on enforcing it.

I'm not trying to attack anyone here. It's just a simple concept. Follow the rules or stop using XBox Live.

38. Take that Deagle

I know it's their house and their rules.

I'm just pointing out that to a large group of people the Swastika never was and never will be seen as an offensive sign.

39. iSmellUFromHere

k so since swastikas arent allowed, what about this [​IMG]

jk but seriously, MS said they were banning ppl with NOT ONLY swastikas, but a whole list of other stuff. so yeah.

40. RoTide

RoTide Captain

I don't see nudity as offensive. Doesn't mean I can, or should, parade around downtown in the nude.

I can sit here and argue how nudity is the most basic human form and we are all born that way. It won't change the fact that the police would be greeting me rather quickly.

If you want to change their mind, endlessly droning on about how great it is and how they should allow it won't do anything here.

Try their forums:
    callofduty.com