1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

PS4 Official Ps4 - Ffa Black Ops 3 Tournament

Discussion in 'Black Ops 3 Multiplayer Discussion' started by OUTL4W, Feb 28, 2016.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

:Stream
    This will be the official thread for the tournament sign ups.

FPS247 - PS4 - FFA tourny for Black Ops 3 planned for 03/05/16 for you UK'rs 05/03/16.
    Post here if interested and what time is good for you and we'll schedule a time that best suits for everyone.

Winner will get:
    $50 PSN card
    $10,000 fbux
    shiny trophy "FFA Champ" userbadge & icon

[​IMG]

Rules TBD soon....
    1. Must have 20+ posts to enter.

Taken from a great idea mr Q had and expanded on.
    Please tag MR QMR Q with your preferred time. Mr. Q has the lead on this. Hopefully he is free this weekend as well.

2. el Jexican

el Jexican Lieutenant General

3. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

4. MR Q

MR Q PSN id: mashupman

This Saturday (5/3/16) is good for me also.
    Would prefer it to be around 9pm but as long as it's not in the 6pm to 9pm bracket I should be good (kids will kick the shit outta me for taking the tv).

5. el Jexican

Anytime after 8pm EST works for me

6. Tuff

Tuff Machine Gun Cody

I will be available after 8PM central U.S. time on Saturday

7. Pluton

Pluton General

I want to participate as well...any time works for me as well.

8. Nettels

Nettels Badass viking since '95
    Blops3-FFA-Champ

I can't! Working night shift on Saturday :(

9. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

wellll...maybe next time? ;) there will be a next time. would like to do this maybe every other month or every 3months.

I'm rarely on PS4 so you all would need to contact MR QMR Q and discuss rules or discuss here and I will update op with rules.

• I like I like x 1
  10. MR Q

I'm unable to do this weekend also as it turns out.
    Looks like we don't have any confirmations from the uk /Europe side anyway. Agree with outl4w that we should try and make this a more regular thing..just need to get the ball rolling

11. Barbie Is Ugly

Barbie Is Ugly ♥Future Mrs. Fowler♥

I am available after 7pm ET (I realize that's late for you guys across the pond). I havent played in 2 weeks so I should be an easy target.

12. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

Would like to give everyone an opportunity to win this. Sooooo not sure what to do....Would like to hear opinions from all members....but some one will get the the psn card. Do we want to reschedule for next weekend so everyone has a chance? or maybe even during the week? ideas /additional signups welcomed.....

13. el Jexican

Any day works for me, just has to be after 8pm EST.

14. MR Q

I am good for more or less any day with exception for this weekend. Time wise it has to be 8pm GMT onwards weekdays, weekends I'm a bit more flexible. As long as I have a bit of notice I can plan around it.

15. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

Is this weekend looking any better?

16. MR Q

I'm good for this weekend. Saturday pref

17. el Jexican

I'm good for this weekend

18. Pluton

Pluton General

I could do it this weekend, but next weekend would be much more ideal.

19. MR Q

Cool el Jexicanel Jexican and PlutonPluton
    I'm gonna b online at some stage this evening which will be morning / afternoon for you 'mericans. What I will do, is check to see who is online on my friends list and if we have a few will send you all a group message to see how ur fixed. (Not sure if you are on my friends list el Jexicanel Jexican..if u on ps4 u can add me).
    Like I say If there are enough people online at the same time will send a group message to see if we can get the ball rolling on this. But I'm not going to keep doing it as I don't want to be annoying people.

20. Barbie Is Ugly

Barbie Is Ugly ♥Future Mrs. Fowler♥

im up in Dc this weekend, I will not be able to partake :( Have fun though! :)

21. MR Q

This is hard to try and sort out.
    Dates and times when everyone has different things going on, never mind the different time zones. Anyway.

A suggestion. Maybe good maybe bad.

One thing I have noticed is that we seem to have more people in general online at the same time on a Sunday. This is going by my psn friends list activity.
    My suggestion is this:

Next sunday (20th march), we try and get this going.
    My time I'm suggesting (only suggesting) is 4pm uk time. ( 11am for u east coasters or 8am westies -I think?).
    I'm going to log on an hour beforehand (3pm uk time), and see who is on. I will message people to check / confirm if they are available or not and we can take it from there.
    I will also message people who have contributed to this thread this evening with a quick run down of what I'm suggesting, and to go to this thread for further info or for any questions anyone may have.
    I honestly don't know how to get this going otherwise. And I don't want to be pestering people on psn with message after message asking them if they are in or out.
    One message with a quick run down tonight. Period.
    Message will be sent to the following peeps:
    ScouseScouse NettelsNettels DROPKICKDROPKICK
    rc10mikerc10mike Barbie Is UglyBarbie Is Ugly
    PlutonPluton JesseJesse golfnuggetgolfnugget
    MeanMrMustardMeanMrMustard TuffTuff
    el Jexicanel Jexican
    Btw..we had 6 (7 including me) of the above online at the same time yesterday.

Any problem with any of this let me know. I'm just trying to get this going so if I have missed anything obvious lemme know.

We still have others here who haven't joined the thread but may want to partake so if you want in, now is the time to speak.
    Peace out peeps

• I like I like x 1
  22. Pluton

Pluton General

I'm in for this week. I just need to remind myself to go to bed a little earlier than usual.

And has anyone agreed to the type of rules we will play under (i.e outlaw awareness, 6th sense. certain weapons/attachments). I think those two perks shouldn't be allowed, based on the history of ffa tournaments here.

23. MR Q

PlutonPluton
    We haven't discussed rules yet.
    If anyone wants certain things to be banned then I personally don't have a problem.
    JesseJesse what's ur psn again?
    Anthraxelite or summat?

24. Jesse

Jesse Commander

Won't be able to play for about a week and a half while I'm recovering from surgery, if you guys need to play it before then I understand. Haven't really even been able to hold my head up lately.

25. rc10mike

rc10mike Lieutenant General

Props to you for the effort in putting this together. It would be fun to tea bag codfish, but I work weekends, and Ill definitely be at work at 11am on Sunday March 20th. These days, I find it hard difficult to coordinate with my own friends let alone people from all over Earth.

26. DROPKICK

DROPKICK The Ass Parade

That day will not work for me, but I haven't played the game in months so I'm pretty sure it would have just been a shit show anyways.

27. MR Q

We have a potential 4 signed up between here and psn messaging..pluton, nettels, mustard and me....do we have any other peeps willing to get their ass kicked by me?

28. MR Q

OUTL4WOUTL4W
    Just an idea...
    Would it be worth "advertising" this on Facebook fps page and or twitter feed?
    Just to generate interest in forum?
    The thought of 50 quid psn card may or may not lure peeps??

29. Scouse

Scouse Activison Ambassador

I've done that, I can do it again.

I'll play just need to check if i can do it at your suggested time.

30. MR Q

Try and make it if you can ScouseScouse
    Really need to t-bag you a few times :)

31. OUTL4W

OUTL4W ______________

Screen cap that shit for 10,000fbux :hehehe:

32. MR Q

33. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

Well, link to a thread like this if you want to lure people into discussions. I've been doing it for years, and it's always driven more users to any one of my sites.

Did you know that Google uses social media as a ranking signal? Yep. So, get to work. But keep it balanced, though. Don't spam the same links over and over again. Post different links, use hashtags, and so on.

And stop giving other news outlets your followers from your tweets. That's what you're doing. Photos and images are fine, and videos are fine, but stop giving your followers links to outlets outside of FPS247, that's how you lose people looking at your [news] articles.

That's why it's better to write your own articles than copy-paste. There's legal ramifications, too, but that's not my point here. You need to start driving people to the site.

And OUTL4WOUTL4W what happened to the "Share this page" line? Turn that back on and turn g+ on, too.

You never know who is viewing your tweets, especially if you are using hashtags. You have a huge follower base with COD247tweets, but what good are they if they don't know what's going on in your site? You gotta remind them that COD247 is alive, and well under FPS247. That's what this boils down to.

Retweets are fine, if you want to retweet official stuff, but in the end, it's not really driving any traffic to your site. And on top of that, any time a person deletes a tweet, you lose the retweet. So, you end up with an empty post. You need to realize that tweets are essentially like a thread.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  34. Scouse

YOU WISH

35. Scouse

May be some one else needs to look at Google plus then, as I don't use it.

36. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

I'm just saying in general. Your users can tweet, like, recommend, +1 the threads too. It does not have to be a one-man-army thing. I see you using Twitter and Facebook, but I see you doing/using them the wrong way. I understand that you're trying to get people to like the page(s), but it's better to link the thread, allow them to decide to like it, share it, or whatnot. You want more shares and likes [to FPS247], than anything else.

I wish I had that followerbase/like-base (facebook fanbase, whatever) and I would have made a killing. You guys are sitting on a pandora's box.

37. Carlos

Carlos 2nd Lieutenant

Let this be a lesson, ScouseScouse, within minutes of you posting your latest tweet:

KaboomFPS247.png
    Kaboom!

*continues standing and seeing F51's flying over my head and calls out "There's an airstrike on the way!" then smiles* Welcome to my world. :D

38. Jesse

Jesse Commander

Why bother running it with just 4 people?

39. MR Q

I don't think it will be worthwhile if it is just 4.
    All I was doing was stating we have 4 potential players as things stand.

40. Nettels

Nettels Badass viking since '95
    Blops3-FFA-Champ

I'm free all Sunday, except when LFC play. Have told MR Q the deal, so I am sure that this will be after the game :lol:

• I like I like x 1