1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

The Photographers Thread (Cameras, Photos, Discussions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by SASQUATCH, Dec 2, 2011.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

Who are the camera/photography nuts on here? What kind of camera do you have?

• I like I like x 2
  2. slowdive1967

slowdive1967 4th Prestige

I used to be really into photography and had a decent SLR camera long before digital cameras came around. Sort of lost interest in it, but recently i've been wanting to get back into it again. Have my eye on a Canon EOS with 28-80mm zoom lens. Cost is about £400-500 though which is a bit much!

3. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

I'm surprised there wasn't more of a response in here but that's cool too. I just got home from picking up a Sony NEX-5NK, beast of a camera, can't wait to post some pics from it, but may not bother if there isn't much interest in photography in here, lol. Afterall this is an mw3 fanboy forum right? LOL...j/k...:theyareontome:

4. slowdive1967

^ At least i replied....:leave:

5. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

LMAO...oh SNAP, I thought it pasted over what I replied to you bud, haha apologies sir.

Dude holy freaking cow! I just learned this camera is a TRUE SLR, but compact and I can get an adapter for $50 to use Canon lenses, same price for Nikon lens adapter. But these guys are pros and told me the Sony lenses are competively priced and Sony's A series lenses are as good as Nikon or Canon. Freaking amazing!

I'll have to post a few photos of the BIG STORM we're getting tomorrow, rolls in tonight, maybe I can get some lightning photos...

6. slowdive1967

I never would have considered Sony for camera equipment, i'd have stuck with Nikon or Canon etc (My old SLR was a Minolta with Tamron 80-210 zoom). Interesting stuff, and i'd love to see your storm pics :)

7. katie8712

katie8712 General

I have the Sony Nex-3 :) love it! I don't know a lot of technical things about photography but I think I'm pretty good with composition. I'd love to take a few classes sometime

8. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

To see the quality of the Nex hardware is what sold me along with extensive research. I was considering the Nikon D5100 which my youngest son has, he's 24 and an avid wildlife photographer. I've waited years to make the right choice of cameras and to have a CMOS the same specs as his within 1mm is awe inspiring. I will be taking some storm photos tomorrow I guess, the storms not quite here.

Oh that's awesome to hear, I was looking at the new NEX-7 coming out in Jan, but not for $1,200, pfft, way too much for this non-pro photographer. This camera being a true-blue DSLR but compact is pretty cool, now I need a new bag though, lol. I bought a bigger bag for the previous model I bought two days ago and returned, and this one has a ton of room now. Next on my list is the 55-210 zoom lens, tripod, spare battery and HD high-speed memory.

I'd love to see some of your photos with the Nex-3 if you have some.

9. Dimebag

Dimebag General

Good topic, if you remember on G20 we had a huge photo thread from a member that we need to get a hold of! I've just got an old Canon Rebel that gets the job done.

Off topic and not hi-jacking, but it's good to see ya Sas, and was going to let you know that I got bit by the Jeep bug and just got a new Rubi...I need your expertise!

10. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

My brutha from anutha mutha, how the heck are ya bud? Glad to see you back. Not on here much as I used to be, starting my studies for my PMP (project manager professional) certification, but try to visit occasionally.

That's so freaking awesome you bought a JK RUBICON. Man I miss mine at times, but I'm hoping they'll do a diesel or HEMI in a 4dr RUBI. Sold mine and my wife's last Nov for different vehicles, but miss SASQUATCH (my 2dr RUBI on 37" BOGGERS, that JEEP was a rock-crawling beast!).

After 5 Wranglers, 97, 00, 06, 07 & my wife's 08, I reckon maybe there is some advice I could give you. Nice thing on the JKs is they come higher than the previous TJ models, so a mere 2.5" budget boost clears 35's right off the bat, just need a little bit longer shock. So ask away sir. And good to see you again.:tu:

11. Photography

I have just recently started doing photography as a hobby. I by no means have a "good" camera. Nor have good editing skills. Here are some of the pictures I am proud of. If you want to see the originals. I have them too.

Please feel free to post up some your favorite photos you have taken

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  12. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

I really like the first one

13. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Thread Merged with Photography thread from 2 weeks ago.

14. katie8712

katie8712 General

great pictures! if I had some balls I'd post up some of mine :/

15. Pink_York_Bunny

Pink_York_Bunny Command Sergeant

Me, I have a pink Samsung i8 camera...I'm not fantastic at taking photos but here are some:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  16. Zigzag

Zigzag Lieutenant General

Great thread and nice pictures everyone! Your photos seem to have a lot of a blueish tint to them, Dirkha.

These are some of the photos I did a few months back for my photography class, the assignment was to take a picture of an egg, so this is what I did. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. katie8712

katie8712 General

that's great! :)

18. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

IT'S ALIVE....IT'S ALIVEEEEEEE....my thread has come back from the grave, woot!

I can't wait to post some of mine with the new camera, you guys have some really nice pics going, keep em coming.:tu:

19. Ya I was going for a late '70s early '80s feel for the photos. Since most of places I took them at were old i wanted the photos to reflect it.

Nice Egg photos! Back in the day for my photography class we had to shoot 1 item 10 different ways all Black and White. I used my buddies weed plant that had a massive 1/2 oz. bud on it. Zoomed in really close on the hairs and crystals, some leaves. Played with the exposure rates while developing them. I miss that class. So much fun

20. Zigzag

Zigzag Lieutenant General

Ah I see it now, especially in the first photo. 8D

Here's 2 more of mine, I gotta find the rest of em; I have em saved on an lil SD card somewhere
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Nikko_666

Nikko_666 Command Sergeant

I use a canon 7D, 50mm prime, 450/550 flashguns, and some wireless triggers (had to cut my gear down to found a new house :(. )

Tho the most important thing to always remember, in my Hubble view, is you can take the best photo in the world on a tesco value camera, it's all composition and lighting .

22. Pink_York_Bunny

:wavey: For me, photography is not just all about panoramic type pictures but capturing a moment and normally one that means something to someone.

[​IMG]

23. Cashed

Cashed Commander

24. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

Cute bunny. Just picked up my 55-210mm zoom lens for my sony nex-5n, nice lens, now I want more zoom though, lol..never satisfied. Truthfully though I'm out to get some cool wildlife pics without breaking the bank and this $350 lens was free from Best Buy with my award zone points, so can't complain.

25. letijr

letijr Command Sergeant

Nice thread... I'm a Nikoner, Canon is for losers :p j/k ... I'm more into architecture and/or abstract pictures. I don't use much of these filter software like instagram or so. Raw picture and a bit of Lightroom processing are enough for me.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

26. Pink_York_Bunny

Mrs Groat, but you can call me Kim. :p

27. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

Pink York Bunny is SweatyGoat's wifey? Lawlz...whoduh thunk?

and in other news: Sas returned his Sony NEX-5n DSLR and procured a Nikon D5100, WOW...what a better choice, couldn't be happier, have some cool pics coming soon!

28. Roffle

Roffle Commander

I'm getting a camera for Christmas so hopefully I'll have something to post up soon :)

29. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

Well my frustration level hit rock-bottom last night, returned the Sony NEX-5N due to only have 8 lenses available.

I now own a Nikon D5100 - 18-55 and this Wed will have my Nikon 55-300 telephoto lens here. Wow what an incredible camera. Guess I'm a "Nikoner" too :)...

30. letijr

letijr Command Sergeant

Cool man, the first camera I bought with my own money was the Minolta Dynax 3000i, had to save loads for it back then ;)

Sorry about your Sony misadventure but I guess, welcome to the Club now ;)

I'm about to buy a new camera too in a couple of months once I get the opportunity to cross the Atlantic. I am thinking on the one you got or the D7000 ... In my dreams I'm holding the D3... ;)

I'll post some of my pics once I get in front of my Mac.

EDIT: Some pics

http://www.mw3forum.com/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=225

http://www.mw3forum.com/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=226

http://www.mw3forum.com/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=240

http://www.mw3forum.com/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=237

http://www.mw3forum.com/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=238

http://www.mw3forum.com/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=232

http://www.mw3forum.com/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=233

Merry Christmas everybody

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  31. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

32. letijr

letijr Command Sergeant

Merci ;)

33. Pink_York_Bunny

34. letijr

letijr Command Sergeant

Thank you, it was a clear day in Brussels and I must say that this church is one of the nicest in town. The reflection on the car just gives another perspective to it.

35. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

Snapped a few from Christmas with family, mostly family pics, but I managed a few goof-around pics below.

Hoping to hit a trail tomorrow, inclement weather so might not find too much wildlife.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

36. slowdive1967

^ Thats a lot of balls! The fireplace pic is real nice :)

37. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH PaPa SAS

Thanks slowdriver, it took a lot of balls taking those extreme pics and not being hurt in the process, lawlz.

38. Soarsea

Soarsea ASSISTANT REGIONAL ADM1N

Thought id contribute.

This is my latest piece of work courtesy of my iphone 3gs.

I call it: Vein foot while on the shitter.

I was on the shitter and everytime i tensed there was this spectacular vein protruding from my intermediate cuneiform.

Fascinating

Much obliged...

[​IMG]