1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Why does Ghost Pro get such a bad rap?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer & Zombies Disc' started by MacheteF7, Jan 7, 2011.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. MacheteF7

MacheteF7 Lieutenant General

I can't figure out why so many people shit on ghost pro. I'm not a camper so don't post all your camper hatred towards me please. It is a very useful perk being that it keeps you off enemy spyplanes, choppers, sentry guns. I mean how much better can it get?! It seems like almost every match somebody gets a chopper gunner or gunship and it's pretty nice to not get cut in halve by it every respawn. Why do people hate it so much? Honestly I haven't been using that much lately because I have hardline pro but I still use it alot.

2. GreatjobAce

GreatjobAce Lieutenant General

3. SNTRL

SNTRL 1st Lieutenant

Its because people wants to cut you in half and when they cant, they complain

4. ncfishboy

ncfishboy Recruit

I love ghost pro, and strela to shoot dow spy planes and choppers. I hate when I try to use hardline and no one on my team will shoot down any spy planes.

5. Shizer

Shizer Prestige Master

I hate when I am in a game enemy gets a spy plane and some douche keeps tellin me to
    Shoot it down

6. Monk

Monk Command Sergeant

I wasn't aware it had a bad rep. Maybe you just have the bad luck of playing against kids who rage because when the had a UAV up they ran around a corner and came face to face with you and you killed them? lol. Cold Blood didnt have a bad rep in MW2 and was absolutley essential for S&D, as is Ghost Pro. Same goes for sniping, no sniper wants to suddenly appear on a UAV now do they? :D

7. purehatred89

purehatred89 Silverback of the Pack

People get pissy because they expect EVERYONE to show up on radar, and you don't and own them. That, and the shooting down their Hueys.

8. MacheteF7

I've seen alot of negative talk about ghost pro on here, I haven't really gotten it much playing the game. I LOVED it in MW2, I didn't have many classes without cold-blooded pro.

9. It seams like Ghost/Ghost Pro is for MOST players that are scared.

Ghost is so stupid. Get some real skill and use lightweight...

10. purehatred89

TROLLOLOLOL. So you're saying skilled players use the most useless tier 1 perk? Makes sense, but it's a stupid tactic. I'd rather deprive the enemy of their killstreaks, or the benefits those killstreaks are supposed to reap.

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Sergeant Major

One of my favorite parts of the perk is not showing up with my name over my character.

I don't know how many people from the other team run right past me bc they think I am on their team.

12. So you are saying lightweight Pro is useless? Let me guess, you camp dont you?

13. purehatred89

No, I don't camp. I flank campers. I'm saying it's useless because it's a small speed boost (and no falling damage), compared to all the other tier 1 perks. Hell, I'll make a thread to get public opinion, but I'm fairly confident most people agree with me that Lightweight is the worst tier 1 perk.

14. Who are you to say it the most useless perk? Probably some guy that is ranked in the 100,000 thousands...

It depends on which game type you play and how you play. I play for Score Per Minute so I need to be the fastest I can.

15. purehatred89

I don't care about my rank, so your attempt to annoy me has failed. I was stating my opinion.

16. MacheteF7

Alright that made absolutely no sense. How does having lightweight make you have more skill? You just move a little faster, doesn't take any skill to do that, you're still moving up on the analog stick and it does the rest....dummy.

I'm not scared either, I would say whoever uses ghost pro is SMART for staying off enemy radar, not scared of dying in a video game....dummy.

17. cmyke313

cmyke313 Corporal

yup.

18. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Sergeant Major

I posted +1 to this, but you can't see it bc I'm a GHOST.

ooooooOHHOOOhh......
    scary music here.

19. purehatred89

Odd question, do/did you play an MMORPG named Tibia?

20. Alkuaine

Alkuaine Sergeant Major

Becouse people like to generalize.

Ghost Pro = Camper = 12 y. old kid = noob = idiot = you have fucked the players mother = text him about it

21. winicott1001

winicott1001 Captain

This does not make that much sense to me but I still think it is funny.

I am pleased to have Ghost pro. I will be glad to not get pwnd by a chopper gunner and the like. I will also enjoy shooting them down un-interrrupted by the fast moving evilness that is bullets flying at you from the sky.

22. kahn

kahn Major

I HATE ghost + sliencer in free for all. I typically run around with hardline+rapid fire and just gobble up the noobs until one of thoe silent ghosts pop around. Then I have to change everything. My tactic, my class... ugh. SO frustrating.

Granted, I still clean house. They just ruin my K/D :(

23. wheaties

wheaties Colonel

Ghost is the most annoying perk in the game. I love how all the noobs cried about second chance and got that nerfed when ghost pro is just as bad as it if not worse. I mean it makes like half of the kill streaks if not more almost completely useless.

24. crevil3lf

crevil3lf Major General

I just went ghost pro and plan on using it a lot.

25. Quags

Quags Lieutenant General

I find scavenger the most useless perk 1. Ammo is as important when Im using the ballistic knife.

26. Oh haai dere

Oh haai dere Sergeant

Lightweight is useless?

Maybe for your style of play. I like to run and gun, and a combination of lightweight, steady aim and marathon all on pro is the sex when used with a decent SMG.

27. purehatred89

But with an SMG you're fast anyway, 7% doesn't make a noticeable difference. I'd rather get killstreaks sooner, or be invisible to killstreaks, or have explosive resistance, combined with that class.

28. Oh haai dere

Oh haai dere Sergeant

It makes a difference and a big one at that. You can feel the difference when you are strafing in particular and if they had it any higher it would be ridiculous. Consider that with Marathon Pro I am sprinting almost constantly. With Steady Aim Pro I can fire almost immediately and with lightweight Im still strafing. Players with a lower sensitivity are screwed if they hit their ADS.

That and not having the fall damage makes for some awesome ambushes out of windows and off raised areas.

I dont use it exclusively, I use ghost and hardline too. I just think its a very under rated perk because people are not using it the way it probably should be.

29. purehatred89

Very true. I guess what I don't like about it is that you "need" SA Pro and Marathon Pro in order to use it effectively. I don't like being forced to used other perks because of a certain perk choice.

30. Oh haai dere

Oh haai dere Sergeant

Ya look that I can agree with 100%. I would not use lightweight with SOH which is another perk I do like to use quite a bit.

31. mattmiadad

mattmiadad Corporal

Your an idiot. What makes you think your so much better than everyone else? What makes you think that because you like lightweight that everyone who doesn't use it must be scared. If anything we are tactical. If I go 43-17 with an all run and gun play style and you were 15 of my skills because your dumb ass couldn't stop looking at the radar long enough then that's on you. Please let people use whatever perk they want obviously your getting your ass beat with it so it must be working.

BTW - Thank you for being another random dot on my radar.

32. Dimebag

Dimebag General

I read about half the posts in this thread and it's insane how ignorant some people can be. For a general class there is absolutely no better option than Ghost (camping, rush, doesn't matter). There are situations where other perks may be more beneficial (CTF, HC nade fests, etc).

33. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Sergeant Major

Like the bone in your leg?
    Sorry, never heard of it. (the game, not the bone)

34. 55sSlicktheFirst

55sSlicktheFirst Corporal

Personally I prefer not to be spawn-raped by some camper and his chopper gunner, so Ghost Pro it is :D

35. treebeard87

treebeard87 Major

What the f**k is everyone on? Why are people now whinging about what perks you use? 'people who use ghost are scared' are they? I use it sometimes because its useful in a stealth class. 'Lightweight is useless' is it? Maybe to you it is, but some people like it. Whats the problem.

I use lots of perks on different classes, for different situations. Why cant you just adapt to what the game throws at you. Wouldn't the world be a bit shit if everyone did the same thing all the time? If someone camping with ghost pro kills you when you have a spy plane up, get over it. Alternatively remember that they have sacrificed the ability to resist explosives. Run towards their camp(a bit faster if you use lightweight) and throw a grenade at their face.

Jesus!

36. purehatred89

Lmao, yeah. There was a boss monster named Morgoroth in it, figured you might have taken inspiration from there.

37. Violator234

Violator234 Colonel

Coldblooded was on the same tier as Stopping power, so it was balanced. If Ghost was on the second tier instead of Warlord it would be better. Rushers are the problem with Ghost. Anytime you are killed by somebody you can't see it is not good game play. Nobody want's to die like that. In MW2 you got killed from behind. But the majority of deaths were from the front. You just got beat (or Noob tubed). Most of the deaths are from behind in black ops. Normally from Spawns not flankers.

38. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Sergeant Major

Thats cool. There is also a villain in the "Ranger" series with the name.

I actually got it when I misspelled Morgoth from LotR when I was in Middle School. You know back with LotR was underground.

Oh yeah, and the only thing that I really don't like about ghost is guys who lay on the ground with it in Firing Range in a high traffic area and it is to far away to tell if they are dead.

I think the best way to combat this is for them to change the dead character skin so that it is just two bloody stumps. Then you would not get confused.

39. lordj09

lordj09 Major

Because the only counter is the CAMPy motion sensor or the 8 KILLstreak Blackbird

40. Auto

Auto Corporal

Or, y'know... eyes.