1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting Us!
Welcome to FPS24/7

FPS24/7 is a free gaming community for fans of First Person Shooter's and anyone who likes to jib-jab ! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community of users, it takes less than 30 seconds! Everybody is welcome here. This Notice will disappear once Registered!

Click here for a FREE account

Why is the 1 v1 the "answer" to everything?

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Discussion' started by CALL OF BOOTY, Jun 7, 2012.

Afflicted with F.P.S.A.D.?

Welcome to FPS24/7, The supreme medication for the relief of chronic First Person Shooter Addiction Dis-order! We're here to help 24/7!
Join fellow FPS addictsORLog-In
  1. CALL OF BOOTY

CALL OF BOOTY Colonel

You and ya clan smack up a party or clan. Talk shit. Faggot calls you or someone else out for a 1 v 1

"1 v 1 me faggot"

HAHAHAHA we smacked ya clan up bitch boy, take ya L and move on.

I don't quick scope so we're not going to dome so you can show off. QS 1 v 1 doesnt prove anything anyways. I'm also not gonna 1 v 1 you regularly. I don't do 1 v 1. If my clan smacks ya up, take ya L and learn from it.

2. -FATE-

-FATE- _________

The purpose of this thread was......? To vent i assume?

You do realize a 1v1 doesnt have to be a QS match right? And yes it proves skill vs another player, but doesnt prove anything in regards to a team or party.

3. silverrhino1

silverrhino1 Major

IMHO, Because it has happened since Halo was FPS. Back then winning a 1v1 was based purely off skill, map movement, awareness and aim. Same gun, same nades, no weapon pick ups.

Now people are just following suit. Problem is most want to do the I can quick scope you better bs. Not like that is a problem, but what changes it is perks, killstreaks, equipment, attachments, different kills and mostly easier kills (which promotes the camper mentality).

I don't 1v1 in COD, it's pointless. Luck of a spawn and campers delight. Halo 3 or Reach is a different ball game.

4. AKHalex

AKHalex Lieutenant General

I always agree and make them set the whole private match thing up and when they are done.. I ignore them, hahahahaha.

5. HOTLIKEWASABI

HOTLIKEWASABI Major

Hilarious.

I agree that the concept of a 1 v 1 proving anything about your worth in a team based game makes no sense. There is so much more that goes into doing well in CoD.

6. Cheesy

Cheesy Smell Ya Later

LMAO! I do that too. The whole point for me is to get their annoying ass out of the lobby. It makes ppl rage 10x harder when you ignore them too hahaha. It's so funny how srs COD can get for some people.

7. Shhh

Shhh Shhh For Mod

I don't think it shows skill over someone to 1v1, unless MAYBE it's quickscoping.

Without "Radar Always On", it comes down to who can sit in a corner long enough to make the other come looking.

With "Radar Always On", it devolves into a head glitching match. You can't really flank, because Radar is always on.

1v1 matches really just prove who is the biggest douche.

8. KrazyKampingKid

KrazyKampingKid Lieutenant General

Someone owns me elite on a bet I made with them.... They'll never pay up.

9. -FATE-

-FATE- _________

I can agree with that. Unfortunately there is no realt way to tell.. There are way to many factors in game, and statistically to know who is really better. Although, I do think a 1v1 may be the closest thing to a test of skill in the game.

10. Shhh

Shhh Shhh For Mod

Every time someone challenges me to a 1v1, I tell them the same thing.

4v4 Domination. You find 3 players with a KD of .98-1.02 and I'll do the same.

Whoever posts the better score is the better player. 1v1 is barely a test of skill, in my opinion. It's how well you react to different situations and pull out the win that makes you a better player.

Let's say you're playing GW Domination. Is the guy who got 100 kills and three MOABs and lost better than the kid who capped 10 flags and went 50-20? The guy with the 100 kills is better at killing people, but is he better at playing Domination?

It really comes down to the game type, to be honest.

11. l0l mArCus l0l

l0l mArCus l0l General

Unless you play over a lan connection ... 1v1 is not a test of game skill. There are too many factors to count.... Lag, weapon layout, etc.

It's really just bragging rights that can't be backed up by anything.

12. R3dRocket11

R3dRocket11 General

1v1 SnD with MLG rules. Be a man about it. Switch hosts.

13. El Matador

El Matador Commander

1 v 1s to prove superiority over a video game. Let's just ignore the issues regarding the validity of this form of competition:

Internet. Serious business ;)

• I like I like x 1
  14. SofaKingPro

SofaKingPro Colonel

You do realize that a 1v1 can be any gun, right?
    Also, a 1v1 shows more skill than a 6v6 pub match..

15. Sgt

Sgt Sergeant Major

I've not done the whole "my dick is bigger than yours 1v1 thing" mainly cos i'm not 12 years old.

And surely 1v1 is just a licence to get your bumchum in and start boosting?

16. Shhh

Shhh Shhh For Mod

To be fair, most people request 1v1 quickscopes.

I completely disagree. Someone who can consistently put up better scores against similar competition is the better player.

I have a friend who can usually beat me marginally in 1v1's, but in pubs, against the same general competition, he's a much worse player. He doesn't handle multiple enemies well at all, and his KD is around 1.20. He has the same general playstyle as I do, but he does well if he can keep engagements to 1v1. As soon as there are two or more enemies, he can't kill any of them. He panics, and doesn't make smart decisions in those situations.

Is he a better player than me? In a strictly 1v1 scenario, yes. Is he a better player in the entire scope of the game? Not at all.

17. kobe882

kobe882 General

i always thought it was pretty dumb, but kinda funny when guys always want to 1 v 1. i always say yea, invite me.. then decline to join their game.

18. Mr Painite

Mr Painite 1st Lieutenant

this thread is very amusing considering R3dRocket11 was demanding that I 1v1 him just last week to prove that he wasnt wildly mediocre

19. KrazyKampingKid

KrazyKampingKid Lieutenant General

I hate MLG rules. Everything is op in its own way and it basically turns into mo7 vs or snipe vs.... All you have to do is get that first snipe shot off well. And it's SnD campers galore.

20. sweaty groat

sweaty groat Yorkshire Scum

Hmmm Played with Red,great player actually. I noticed your Win % is really low,how come? Just curious.

21. artifact123

artifact123 Lieutenant General

I accepted a 1 v 1 once. That guy camped like fuck and I had no class that could counter him effectively. Never accepted a 1 v 1 ever again since then.

22. roboTurkey-_-

roboTurkey-_- Major General

1v1 in video games to measure the size of your E-Penis is nothing new... welcome to the world of online FPS's... been happening since quake 3 what up.

23. Grusy

Grusy General

I just love making pubstars rage quit in 1v1. Just because you do good in pubs (especially in MW3) does not mean you have good gunskill. I have gotten probably a dozen or so moabs from 1v1ing pubstars. Pity.

24. SofaKingPro

SofaKingPro Colonel

^
    In what you described, sure, but I rarely see that to be true. If you have good gunskill, you should be winning a 1v1, and you should be able to take care of multiple enemies.
    Also, it depends on what kind of 1v1 he's winning in. (camping,radar on, flash/stuns, etc)

25. Grusy

Grusy General

Let me assure you 1v1 SnD is all luck and nothing but a mind game. All who see's who first. Plus, it's impossible to predict what they will do since they have the whole map at their disposal. I have a friend that I play doubles with and I am clearly better then. He just plays with no wits on purpose which leads to me getting shot in the back and sometimes he beats me in 1v1 SnD.

In short, 1v1 SnD is all luck.

This proves that you don't know what your talking about. ACR and PP90 are more common then MP7 with good reason.

EDIT: In MLG.

26. w2gMk

w2gMk All my pokemon have TM 87

1v1's prove nothing more then who has the better connection. the host or challenger.

27. R3dRocket11

R3dRocket11 General

This can be said for any game in MW3. Also why you switch hosts.

1v1 SnD is strategy and awareness, not just who can find the darkest corner.

28. VAL3R

VAL3R Still Ghosting...

i dont mind em, in all honesty it gives you a break from the rush of every1 else and you get the chance to out smart out think the opponent,on the other hand you get to learn a thing or two if they know what they are doing.

what i do hate is the classes they set up and disable your custom class! whats the point in a 1v1 if its only one way favourable conditions!

1 game i can remember of qs ing instead of running to the middle of dome which is the norm to me he used dead silence constantly coming up behind me forcin me to run while he waited, changed to his tactic then he was forced to find me without sound whoring. think we both learned summin that day.

29. Sconterboy

Sconterboy Colonel

Usually means a Domination Kill Whore!

30. Grusy

Grusy General

Read my post earlier. I honestly don't think you have played many if at all 1v1 SnD.

31. R3dRocket11

R3dRocket11 General

Well then I don't know what to tell you. I have played them before, and yes it is a mind game more than anything but that is kind of the point. Were you playing on Dome? A 1v1 anywhere else would suck.

Also, the other best way to do it is 1v1 with radar on.

32. TomOnDuty

TomOnDuty honey badger

Its basicaly saying the same thing as your a camper when you loose . Gay

33. Grusy

Grusy General

I've done first to 24 on all MLG snd maps 1v1. After like 8 rounds it's all reverse psychology and reverse reverse psychology etc. Me and my friends like to play SnD radar on with unlimited lives. We call it spawn trap. That's what I do to make pubstar kids cry because it gets to the point where the can't move a step lol

34. zLxC-

zLxC- Recruit

the reason i personally like 1v1 is i love crushing 9 year old pussies who think they are far more experienced in cod that me. ive gotta up my status in mw3 so i can be respected and keep my dignity. if it was possible i would compare dick sizes but since we dont live in the same area code i have to spank that childs ass with my barret .50 in a private match. i will rape him so bad my barret will take his virginity. : )

35. Rellek17

Rellek17 Sergeant

This is wrong on so many levels.